Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

List for approved parts?

kamikaze1a

You might just ask here. We are overdue for a question that hasn't been asked before. :)

Well...here goes, I had asked previously about running a G24 slide on a G35 frame in L10. It seems that is okay...

My buddy has the same idea but different approach. He's going with the LW G24 slide. They said that they met the 500 unit requirement...just looking to confirm that their slide is legal for L10.

Thanks!

Yes, an aftermarket replacement slide for the G24 is legal.

I don't even think that needs to meet the 500.... should be fine either way.

An example of what would need to meet the 500 (non replacement) would be the LW 5in or 6in slide for the G20 (since Glock hasn't made a 5in or 6in G20).

Our IPSC RO seems to think otherwise. I'll try to get clarification from him... Would it be different if the LW G24 slide was going on a G35 frame? If I understood the replies to my earlier question, it seemed to indicate that original G24 slide on G35 frame was okay.

Thanks!

Edited by kamikaze1a

Lawman...whats your take as it applys to USPSA ?

My take on it would be it's perfectly legal. Glock has produced more than enough Glock 24's to make it a legal barrel/slide length combo. Same for the frame. The rules for Production are different than for Limited/L-10. I would point to the rulings regarding Para-Ordnance and Springfield Armory guns using 6" uppers. Seems like this would be much the same situation. However if I was going to do it, I'd check with Amidon first by sending an email to dnroi@uspsa.org Better safe than sorry.