Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weaver V-3 vs. Burris Tac 30

dukeguy

OK, newb here so I need some advice and opinions. I've just started shooting 3 gun and after my last match I've realized that I need some magnification on my AR. I'm currently running a Burris XTS 135 red dot sight and I'm thinking of swapping it out for either a Weaver V-3 or the Burris Tac 30. Opinions and advice will be appreciated.

Dude, duck, fast. Someone is going to chomp your butt for not searching first. I'll try to save you some...

Sorry, I must not have used the right search info. Tried that but didn't come up with what I was looking for. Thanks for the links!

Mark, you could just save him all the trouble and tell him to buy the Tac30. :cheers:

Dukeguy, buy a Tac30. :cheers:

I've got a Weaver, they work good after you send them back to the factory and they put the lenses in so they don't rattle. The batteries never go dead. But when it comes to figuring out where to point to make the hit you are on your own. If you are very good at aiming at nothing to hit something well they rock, but at the very least it will cost you a bundle of micro seconds while you think about it.

Mark, you could just save him all the trouble and tell him to buy the Tac30. :cheers:

Dukeguy, buy a Tac30. :cheers:

I've got a Weaver, they work good after you send them back to the factory and they put the lenses in so they don't rattle. The batteries never go dead. But when it comes to figuring out where to point to make the hit you are on your own. If you are very good at aiming at nothing to hit something well they rock, but at the very least it will cost you a bundle of micro seconds while you think about it.

Now now, tell us what you really think about them.