Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger pull help!

Antoine

Okay so on my last IPSC match, I got bumped in open because I did not make the trigger pull. The minimum requirement is 5 lbs and mine did 4 lbs and 5 oz. My M&P is 6 months old and I didn't touch anything. A buddy of mine who have the same gun got also bumped into open. Called Smith & Wesson and there's no fix for it, the gun is made this way. Wolff doesn't offer a stronger hammer spring.

What can I do to increase the trigger pull over 5 lbs?!? I have a bug match in July and I don't want to screw that up.

You can take the stock trigger return spring and cut one coil off then bend the next coil down and out so you can hook the new coil onto either the trigger bar or trigger pin. Making the trigger return spring shorter will make it stiffer. So less coils = stiffer spring. Taking one coil off should bring your trigger pull above 5lbs.

Okay so on my last IPSC match, I got bumped in open because I did not make the trigger pull. The minimum requirement is 5 lbs and mine did 4 lbs and 5 oz. My M&P is 6 months old and I didn't touch anything. A buddy of mine who have the same gun got also bumped into open. Called Smith & Wesson and there's no fix for it, the gun is made this way. Wolff doesn't offer a stronger hammer spring.

What can I do to increase the trigger pull over 5 lbs?!? I have a bug match in July and I don't want to screw that up.

okay, i am lost? what trigger # rule? is this a IPSC rule? i am sure i have never heard of this in USPSA. but i am damn sure not the smartest one on the block. me and a fence post have about the same IQ. ;)

Edited by RWF

If you don't want to get into cutting & bending springs you could look at the Apex Tactical "Duty/Carry" spring kit. It includes a stiffer trigger return spring and sear spring and is advertised to increase pull weight by 1.5lbs.

okay, i am lost? what trigger # rule? is this a IPSC rule? i sure i have never heard of this in USPSA. but i am damn sure not the smartest one on the block. me and a fence post have about the IQ. ;)

Yeah. Look in your USPSA rule book, Appendix D4, item 6. Where it says "Minimum Trigger Pull: No", the IPSC book says " Minimum trigger pull (see Appendix F2) 2.27 kg (5lbs) for first shot"

okay, i am lost? what trigger # rule? is this a IPSC rule? i sure i have never heard of this in USPSA. but i am damn sure not the smartest one on the block. me and a fence post have about the IQ. ;)

Yeah. Look in your USPSA rule book, Appendix D4, item 6. Where it says "Minimum Trigger Pull: No", the IPSC book says " Minimum trigger pull (see Appendix F2) 2.27 kg (5lbs) for first shot"

thanks! ipsc and uspsa are use a lot as being the same thing and i know they are not, i just needed to be sure.

thanks again

Edited by RWF