Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2 Issue

eringobragh

Hey gang,

Got a brand new Benelli M2. Sent trigger group and bolt off to C-Rums for lifter weld, trigger job, and ghost load mod.

Been running Estate 7.5 birdshot @ 3 dram and getting feeding jams. The rounds seem to wedge/jam into the ringed opening of the chamber.

Any suggestions or thoughts. I plan on comparing my chamber to a buddies next week...

3fdf007e.png

15de5570.png

Thanks guys!

I plan on running some different brands of ammo today.

After posting last night I started looking through some other threads on Benelli issues. Found some folks with the same problem after having their lifter welded. Sounds like the added length is indeed pushing the shells high and an 8 degree bend is needed in the tip of the lifter...

I gave mine a slight bend late last night then hand cycled some rounds through without hang up. Before I could induce or stage the jam manually...after the bend I was not able to do this. Will live fire today and possibly do more lifter tip bending.

Learned one thing...when I have work done in the future I'll send the whole dang firearm! I'm sure C-Rums would have tuned it if I had sent more than just the trigger group!

The bend us so slight that it is tough to see in person much less in a picture. A good smith may round done of those sharp edges going into the gun as well. That's exactly why I use Accurate Iron for my stuff. These guys see so many guns they KNOW at first look what would have caused you troubles. I'm not saying you can't do what they do yourself. I'm just saying my 4 Benellis run like champs after Accurate Iron and/or Red Neck Tactical worked in them. Benny, C-Rums, and Salient are all good Smiths too!

My next step was to send it off to either Benny or Accurate Iron after I received the lifter from C-Rums. Still not sure about what else I'd like to have done to my Benelli and probably won't until I get some work done with it. I sent Accurate Iron and e-mail and never heard back so I'll probably try giving them and Benny both a call and seeing what they say. Do you have a Redneck Tactical link?

Thanks for the link, eringobrah.

CM

Grabbed a 100rd bulk pack of Fed #7.5 1 1/8oz 3 dram from Wally World. Tried to induce the hang up with these rounds by hand cycling but could not. If I really really tried I could slowly ease the bolt forward and get a couple to hang in the spot...and I mean I had to really work at it to do it and then the slightest tap on the weapon it would chamber. So I put just the tiniest little more bend in the tip of the lifter then could not reproduce the hang up no matter how hard I tried.

Now I just got back from the range. Happy to report that all 50 I fired cycled perfectly! Zero problems. Friday I couldn't get thru a magazine without one or two hanging. Will try to fire the remaining 50 after the IDPA match tomorrow if time/weather allow.

Feeling a lot more confident in the weapon now! Was afraid I had made a mistake selling the 1100! :P

My next step was to send it off to either Benny or Accurate Iron after I received the lifter from C-Rums. Still not sure about what else I'd like to have done to my Benelli and probably won't until I get some work done with it. I sent Accurate Iron and e-mail and never heard back so I'll probably try giving them and Benny both a call and seeing what they say. Do you have a Redneck Tactical link?

Thanks for the link, eringobrah.

CM

Hit Red Neck Tactical up on Facebook. I don't think Accurate Iron is taking work right now. You might catch Mike on Facebook.

Fired the remaining 50 rounds this afternoon with zero problems! Happy camper!

Put the stock lifter back on and it will run fine.

Or don't and it will run fine. :roflol:

Fired the remaining 50 rounds this afternoon with zero problems! Happy camper!

Put the stock lifter back on and it will run fine.

Or don't and it will run fine. :roflol:

I'm with you cas! :cheers:

Put some more thru her yesterday with zero problems...not even the light stuff hiccuped!

25 rds - Win AA Light Target 2.75" 2.75 dram 1.125 oz #7.5 shot

25 rds - Win AA Xtra-Lite Target 2.75" 2.75 dram 1 oz #7.5 shot

25 rds - Independence 2.75" 3 dram 1.125 oz #8 shot

Need to mess with the shims a bit now...shooting high even at 10-15 yards. Have to use a six o'clock hold on the plates. Would rather have POA/POI dead center. B)

Bend the barrel to POA

Shoot her good and hot then bend barrel upward (raise sight to lower shots) in the area of the barrel ring/mag tube cap??? :huh:

Sounds terrifying but may have to give it a try...

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have any pictures of your lifter welded and bent? I'd like to see what you did. I'm having the same problem with my Benelli M2 after the C-Rums mod. Thanks.

I'll try to take some this afternoon...I actaully heading to the range with it shortly.

The bend isn't very big but it sure took care of my problem!

Do you have any pictures of your lifter welded and bent?

Based on what photos I've seen, I think mine might be bent a bit more than others, (that or their photos just didn't show the bend enough) but it works great and haven't had an issue with it.

Lift.jpg

CloseLift.jpg

Edited by cas

Typical Florida afternoon...it thunder stormed. Didn't get any pics in our beautiful sunlight. Here's a crappy cell phone pic but you get the idea...very similar to the photos above.

d3457457.jpg

I just followed kurtm's instructions now she's a champ! Guess I could get the bolt lightened still! :rolleyes: