Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Electronic Muffs

bountyhunter

I have been using the Dillons until recently when the electronics on one side went out; donated them to a junior whose dad is good with a soldering iron.

I picked up the Radians for $69 shipped. I like them better than the Dillons; more comfortable. I think the technology is the same. The Radians use 3 AAA batteries on each side vs. Dillons 2. The price is definitely right.

I picked up the Radians for $69 shipped.  I like them better than the Dillons; more comfortable.  I think the technology is the same.  The Radians use 3 AAA batteries on each side vs. Dillons 2.  The price is definitely right.

RKooi,

I just noticed your post on the Radians. They do look like an excellent product for the price.

I am assuming you're talking about the "pro-amp" model that "vettman1" was taliking about.

RKooi,

vettman1,

I'm not to familiar with the Radians but I have owned a set of Por-Ears Pro Mag , If either of you have and comparisons to the Pro-Ears I would appreciate the info. Also, could the both of you please PM or post, where you bought yours from... :)

Thanks,

TYRO

My only experience has been with the Dillon. I think the Radians Pro Amp is at least the equal and probably a little nicer than the Dillons. I paid $68.87 for them which included shipping (I had them in 2 days.) The store is a welding supply outfit out of IN that advertises on ebay. Here is the link.

Do the seals on the radians seal around your glasses?

My biggest bitch with all these wonder-muffs is that the earseals are such total garbage that the leaks around your glasses negate any protection. The ProEars just absolutely sucked in that regard. The designer(s) should have got a clue and used the same earseal pattern as David Clark aviation headsets. Then at least you could upgrade to nice gel earseals.