Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger SR1911 issue

hankfan79

It wasn't a REAL problem. It was more of something that I didn't like about it.

Had 2 mags that did not drop free at my last match. Think I will replace it instead of trying to modify the factory one.

Screw it, every body buy those new performance center LLamas they are coming out with I hear they are the hot ticket to making GM or Master at least. Buy one and it immediately makes you faster :rolleyes:

I'm with snake on this one. Get a local smith, not some table dancer, to look at it. Its probably a simple fix and then you'll have a nice gun. Hell if we left all our guns stock what fun would that be lol :roflol:

Screw it, every body buy those new performance center LLamas they are coming out with I hear they are the hot ticket to making GM or Master at least. Buy one and it immediately makes you faster :rolleyes:

I'm with snake on this one. Get a local smith, not some table dancer, to look at it. Its probably a simple fix and then you'll have a nice gun. Hell if we left all our guns stock what fun would that be lol :roflol:

not some table dancer

Corey..i hope one day you will be able to meet Joe...but i dont think he would be wearing a G string...

Haven't taken it to the mad scientist as of yet. I might just buy another mag catch. I'm in no hurry as this is the only thing that I can find wrong with this gun..lol. I still haven't cleaned it from the last TN match. Man, I don't know what I am going to do! I heard I actually have to clean these 1911's vs my G34 that got a bi-annual cleaning. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes flush bottom 8 rounders take a good bit of force to seat them into a gun with the slide forward. This also requires a harder press on the mag release button to drop it back out. Do you have the same problem if you load and then unload your 8 round mag with the slide locked back?

I just recently switched to Checkmate's extended tube magazines. When topped off with 8 rounds, they are very easy to seat in the gun with the slide still in battery and easy to drop back out. I got tired of having to really slam my old ACT mags into the gun during a slide forward reload and sometimes still ending up with an unlatched mag. No problem at all with the extended tube Checkmates. The extended tube has more room for the mag spring and follower to compress without running into coil bind.

Edited by gigamortis