Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder Knocker

Has anyone had this happen to them,

On my 1050 Super the Bell crank every now and then hits the body of the powder measure with real force enough to give the whole assembly a violent jolt on looking to see what has happend the body of the powder measure has a burr on it from where the Bellcrank has hit it.

Now I know there is supposed to be some contact but every now and then it really hits it hard should I bend the Bell Crank out a little or file some of the piece that is hitting the body of the powder hopper.

One of my main worries is if I bend the Bell Crank it might throw everything out of whack and cause me problems with correct powder throws.

Any advice on this would be most welcome

Thanks for the replies but I am not using stick powder in my press and to the best of my knowledge my speed on the handle is constant and smooth.

The casting of the powder hopper has a burr on it and the Bell Crank hits on that same spot every time but sometimes with a fair deal of force when it catches it for some reason and the whole powder hopper jolts with the force.

I really don't want to take to the Bellcrank with a pair of vise grips or file if the is another way to fix this problem without bending anything.

Regards and Thanks to any replies.

Just do a google search for "dillon powder measure retrograde".

You'll have to buy a couple of springs that return the powder bar to the closed position but IMO it makes any press run so much better.