Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

75 Shadow gets approved

Strick

well...should be good, hoping just a typo.

CZ75 Shadow Black 3.75" barrel (39 oz.), CZ75 Shadow Duo Tone 9mm (39 oz.), CZ75 Shadow T Black 3.75" Barrel (40 oz.), CZ75 Shadow T Duo Tone 3.75" (40 oz.)

OK...rhetorical question.

if the 75 Shadow is now on the production list. which is a 75SA frame and Shadow too ( full profile, no fpb )

would a 75SA converted to DA/SA be legal for production ( 75SA frame with a full profile slide but with a fpb??

just asking :D

Awesome! Shot mine today at a club match, figured I was running outlaw but don't have another gun other than my EDC carry piece (don't think G26's are very competitive in USPSA ;)) but still wanted to shoot, glad to have been legal, thus perserving my honer!

if the 75 Shadow is now on the production list. which is a 75SA frame and Shadow too ( full profile, no fpb )

would a 75SA converted to DA/SA be legal for production ( 75SA frame with a full profile slide but with a fpb??

Nope. It's the same frame dimensionally as the 75 Shadow, but it's still a 75SA frame. The 75SA is not on the list, so anything with a frame from a 75SA would not be production legal.

Edited by beltjones

Yes, I have a letter from Amidon saying it is legal, however good luck getting it to make weight due to the heavier slide of the SA vs the regular 75b.

Edited by Philo_Beddoe

Yes, I have a letter from Amidon saying it is legal, however good luck getting it to make weight due to the heavier slide of the SA vs the regular 75b.

Can you post the letter/email?

I'm frankly shocked that the 75SA - which isn't on the Production list - can be used in production if you swap slides and trigger. My guess is that the rationale is that the frames are identical.

However, the G34, 35, 17, and 22 all have identical frames - but according to John it's illegal to swap slides and compete in Production.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you post the letter/email?

I'm frankly shocked that the 75SA - which isn't on the Production list - can be used in production if you swap slides and trigger. My guess is that the rationale is that the frames are identical.

However, the G34, 35, 17, and 22 all have identical frames - but according to John it's illegal to swap slides and compete in Production.

By the way, I asked Amidon about it and he said it's illegal.