Fed SPP

and...

I have approx 300 rounds of sub-minor loaded 9mm loaded to:

147gr Zero FMJ

1.120 OAL

2.9gr Titegroup :roflol:

.375 crimp

Fed SPP

The Question....Do you think i'll run into feeding or extracting problems with my 9-Major gun that my OAL is usually 1.175?.

I want these cases to load major rounds in and don't have the equipment (mag pouches and magazines) to shoot them out of my G19 in a match like Steel Challenge or Cactus Combat and don't want to sit there for a couple hours pounding with my bullet hammer?

I know the comp will be useless..

Ok to try to shoot them?. I was worried with the 147's that I put just enough powder in them to get the bullet out of the barrel last year when I was shooting a G17 for close range match stuff for speed shooting (less recoil) at Cactus Combat.

Give it a try or wait till I get another 9mm for production and shoot them then at Cactus Combat?

Reason I ask is i'm shooting there tonight with a buddy and would like to use the ammo up.

Edited by OpenDot

I'm guessing they won't run the gun, meaning they won't have enough "umph" to cycle the action. You might have to drop the recoil spring really light, or run the slide every shot.

I'm guessing they won't run the gun, meaning they won't have enough "umph" to cycle the action. You might have to drop the recoil spring really light, or run the slide every shot.

Yup. Pretty much, plus what I figured and posted as well. I tried 10 rounds in the mag = EPIC FAIL! :roflol:

thought i was goingto be able to run my 'normal' GSSF loads thru my open project G17....5 grains wouldnt open the slide...6 grains they dribbled out barely but you had to stiff-arm the gun...right now 7 grains is working it fine but im guessin im well into major, not exactly what i wanted for this gun...but hey....

I just loaded 5.2 grains of autocomp @ 1.165 behind a 124 gr mg JHP not sure of the power factor but it run in my trubor no issues with a 13lb spring. It can't be much,shoots reallllly soft. 7.9 grains in the same gun same bullet and oal makes 169 pf. my trubor will also run on 4.0 grains of tight group at 129 pf with a 11lb spring with no issues

Edited by Mat Price