Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost holster?

dagger10k

Is there any way to adjust the ghost holster to NOT have it jab painfully into your hip? I am mystified. I set up a CR Speed holster for my Glock limited gun, but setting up the ghost for my SVI is proving very difficult.

The first thing I did is take off that round thing, because all it did was stab into my hip and push the top of the gun inwards (pointing the muzzle outwards). That helped a bit, but not enough. It still wants to dig into my hip and point the muzzle of the gun outwards, the opposite of how I want it to be.

Any tips on adjusting it? Am I just missing something here? (Using CR Speed double belt).

I would just use the DOH I got at the same time, but it doesn't fit my gun. :(

ETA: I managed to get it to a point where it's usable, if not ideal.

Edited by dagger10k

I had the same thing happen at first. What worked for me, and I still run it this way now, is turn the round disc/bumber up. (in other words pivot it so the bottom of the disc goes towards the top of the belt) Doing this moves the pressure point and is actually comfortable while pushing the holster outward and away from the hip. Does that make sense?

I also had a problem with my thumb catching my belt on the draw. Once I made that adjustment it went away.

Also - dont be afraid to adjust the hinge portion of the holster in or out. Depending on how you are built will determine which way to go. It can be a pain at first but once you get it set it is a great holster.

Let me know when you get your first "Ghost Wedgie". :roflol:

Edited by Bigpops

I recently switched from a CR Speed to a Ghost and I've noticed this too. The simplest thing is certainly to remove the silly round thing, which I will do with mine as soon as I order the shorter screw that I'll need.

But I've been kicking around another idea that someone with more tools and skill might be interested in trying. It just so happens that the screws that mount the CR Speed holster body to its hanger, and the screws that mount the Ghost holster body to its hanger, are the same size (M6). So if you took a small aluminum plate, around .200" to .250" thick, and drilled three 6mm holes in it, with the spacing between the first and second equal to the spacing on the CR hanger, and the spacing between the second and third equal to the spacing on the Ghost body, you could then mount the Ghost holster body to the (superior, IMO) CR hanger.

Now there's an idea! I might try that.

I recently switched from a CR Speed to a Ghost and I've noticed this too. The simplest thing is certainly to remove the silly round thing, which I will do with mine as soon as I order the shorter screw that I'll need.

But I've been kicking around another idea that someone with more tools and skill might be interested in trying. It just so happens that the screws that mount the CR Speed holster body to its hanger, and the screws that mount the Ghost holster body to its hanger, are the same size (M6). So if you took a small aluminum plate, around .200" to .250" thick, and drilled three 6mm holes in it, with the spacing between the first and second equal to the spacing on the CR hanger, and the spacing between the second and third equal to the spacing on the Ghost body, you could then mount the Ghost holster body to the (superior, IMO) CR hanger.

Now there's an idea! I might try that.

+1 for taking the round bumper off. It serves no purpose for me other than annoying my leg.

Yep, I removed the round bumper immediately when I got mine several years ago. I ran it for years without that screw in there, but after going prone on a standards course, my holster was able to pivot and when I stood up and went to holster, it wasn't exactly in the position I was used to. Dropped gun and a DQ. So I took the screw (that holds the round bumper on) to ACE hardware and found a shorter one with the same thread pitch. Solved that problem. My holster was also a bit older and had the "wings" on the belt portion. I cut those off after about 4 years and it works great.

Sure enough, the hole spacing is identical, not slightly different as I had originally eyeballed. I tried the combination and ended up not liking it, but it has potential. I may buy an extra CR hanger and try to find the sweet spot.

When adjusted high enough to comply with 5.2.7.2, I found that the hanger rod poked me in the leg. If I were to get a dedicated CR hanger for this purpose, I could just cut it off and that wouldn't be a problem. I also found it a bit difficult to access the lock lever in the up position.