Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blade Tech holsters for production

LocknLoad

I've bought pretty much nothing but Blade-Tech for USPSA and IDPA. I have a couple of holsters for a G34/17, a holster for a 1911, and a holster for a CZ Shadow.

With that said, look elsewhere.

They have very long lead times to ship the holster. Blade-Tech takes like 5 weeks to ship, Comp-Tac takes 1 week.

The DOH holsters all seem to fit somewhere between 2.5 and 3 inches from the inner belt, requiring the use of shims to make them legal for Production.

And then there was the recent problem with the Black Ice. Many people found their black ice production holsters were out of spec due to some craftsmen who cut them way too low at the ejection port, but yet sailed through QC.

They may have fixed some of the problems by replacing holsters, but I'm not convinced. They have a lot of problems when it comes to the competitive market, and I just don't think it's a priority for them.

I mean, I'll wait 6 weeks + for an Alessi or a Milt Sparks, but for Kydex? Seriously?

And then when you get the holster it probably won't work for your division (based on my experience...).

Look at Comp-Tac for belt holsters and Ready Tactical for DOH. Without hyperbole, I'm literally 4 seconds from purchasing a Ready Tactical DOH production holster and ditching my Blade-Tech black ice on the classified section here.

blade tech has recently changed there DOH. when i received myy new black ice replacement holster for free (which they still replaced even though i didnt purchase it through them) it came with a new elongated hanger which now puts it right at 2" from belt and has a much more sturdy feel to it. after there terrific customer service in the way they handled the "black ice" situation. i will always be a customer