Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield loaded FTE live rounds

justmike

Well Tuesday I called and just like CARLOSA said I had a FedEx overnight shipping label emailed to me in about 15mins. My loaded sounds like HS101, I mentioned that the trigger had a very rough spot in it and that I wasn't happy with it and that it shoots about 2" low at 25 yards. The rep assured me that they would fix all three problems no questions asked. She went on to say that I would be very happy with the way it turns out. I should have the gun back within 10 days. I'm happy and again thanks for everyones input.

Mike

Well Tuesday I called and just like CARLOSA said I had a FedEx overnight shipping label emailed to me in about 15mins. My loaded sounds like HS101, I mentioned that the trigger had a very rough spot in it and that I wasn't happy with it and that it shoots about 2" low at 25 yards. The rep assured me that they would fix all three problems no questions asked. She went on to say that I would be very happy with the way it turns out. I should have the gun back within 10 days. I'm happy and again thanks for everyones input.

Mike

Im happy to hear that :)

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem with a para 745. I removed a small amount of metal from the front of the ejection port problem solved. I flied a small amount tryed cycling then removed a little more till I got what I wanted reblued it. took about a half hour.

The Ruger SR1911 won't eject a cartridge longer than 1.25" -- and even that's iffy. Winchester White Box 230 gr FMJ are 1.26" to 1.27". There's no way out for them. My 230 gr LRN handloads are 1.25" and I wouldn't count on ejecting a misfire.

Knowing this, I can live with it, though.

Mike

23 days later...what was the end result?

Both of my SS guns do that about 2 out 5 times. I just let the round fall out the bottom and pick it up when Im holstered and cleared. The guns are designed to eject empty cases, not full rounds.

I talked to Springfield Wednesday and was told that they were going to fit a new slide onto the gun and it would be done by Friday and should ship Monday morning. The gunsmith told the customer service rep that I would be happy when I get it back so we shall see. Honestly I have been very pleased with the warranty service they provide. I had to just about beg CZ to pay the shipping for warranty repair on my brand new P07 duty.

Both of my SS guns do that about 2 out 5 times. I just let the round fall out the bottom and pick it up when Im holstered and cleared. The guns are designed to eject empty cases, not full rounds.

The problem with mine was the rounds wouldn't just fall out of the bottom. They were stuck/cocked in the ejector and smashed into the side of the ejection port

• 2 weeks later...

well still no gun so I called yesterday and was told that they replaced slide, barrel, barrel bushing, extractor, front sight, adjusted the trigger and took it to the range for testing and it failed for accurancy. He said they wanted to take it back to the range for accuracy testing??(why it already failed) then go from there. Oh yeah 1-2 weeks just to get it back to the range. I have to say that their customer service is great, warranty repair service not so great. Granted I'll have a nice pistol when its all finished.

• 3 weeks later...

Recieved my pistol back Monday July 25th. The slide, front sight, extractor, barrel, and barrel bushing were all replaced and the the trigger cleaned up. The first thing I did was load up a mag with all different kinds of dummy ammo and it ejected everyone. The fit everything is a lot better now, not one rattle in the thing. They sent the test target back with it and accuracy is one big cluster of 5 at 25 yards. One question though, the front sight was replaced and now it is pinned in there. I can't remember if it was like that before. Do the Loaded models normally come like that? In the end very happy with the gun.

the front sight was replaced and now it is pinned in there. I can't remember if it was like that before. Do the Loaded models normally come like that?

I've got three SA 'loaded' and all have a pinned front sight

Sounds like they took care of your problem and tuned it up a bit.

That makes me feel a little better.....I'm going to contact Springfield Monday and see what they will do about it. I thought I was getting something when I bought a Springfield. Should have saved about $150 and bought a Spartan.

Springfield armory has great customer suport.. They will pay your shipping and return your gun in a week two weeks tops..

The Spartan is a great gun, but the extra 150 are well spent on high quality life time warranty that Springfield gives their customers..

Belive me they will make it right..

STI has a no BS lifetime warranty just like Springfield. They are excellent.

OP,

Glad to hear that your springer is back in action. It sounds like you got some great custom work out of them for free under the warranty!

Every gun I build has a live round ejection relief for exactly this reason. The picture shown is work done by Bob Rodgers of Rodgers Pistolsmithing. Notice that the ejection port has been advanced .050"

ejectionport5.jpg

I just bought a new Loaded Target and took it to my 1911 gunsmith to have him install a FO front sight. I had noticed the front sight was visibly off center (after wondering why I had to crank the rear sight many clicks to the left to zero the gun), and he measured the front sight pin to be drilled about 0.025" left of center. He refused to work on the gun as-is and said I should return it. As others have stated, I called Springfield and the rep emailed me a prepaid return shipping label within a few minutes. I am very pleased so far, we will see how it comes out.

Slightly off topic, but from what I have read, Springers are known to not have the best triggers in the world, but mine was crisp @ 4 lb. 10 oz. out of the box. I hope they don't screw that up.

Edited by fred5876r

I was very pleased with the way the pistol turned out. It has a noticably "different" feel to it, I guess you could say it feels more refined. I could a lot more gun back then I sent in. I now have a polished SS barrel that looks to have a lot nicer crown, polished SS bushing and more importantly it rips the live loads out everytime now.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to revive an older thread, but I've just found that my S&W Pro Series 1911 (.45) also has problems ejecting live rounds. I've been shooting Production with an M&P, but finally got together the gear to also shoot SS with the 1911. I had been loading 200grn. LSWC to 1.260, all cases feed and eject fine, but found that loaded rounds wouldn't eject. Shortened OAL to 1.250 in hopes of solving the problem. With dummy rounds, all will eject by hand cycling until I get to the last round, then it'll get stuck in the ejection port. Why only the last round? It jams perhaps half the time with the mag removed or still inserted. It does it with the S&W mags and with new Wilson Combat mags. Any suggestions short of sending it in? It has improved a bit since I've shortened OAL, but don't know if I should go any shorter. Its just weird that it only FTEs on the last round. Perhaps most importantly, is this a safety issue that I should be concerned about, or should I just take my time at ULSC, and wait for the round to come out the bottom? How would this affect trying to clear a double feed?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you all may have.