Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trouble Getting N-320?

10ring

I was wondering if anyone else was having trouble obtaining N-320. I have been using it in my USPSA Limited gun. I ordered some through a local dealer this past January. He was told by the importer, Kaltron-Pettibone, that it would take 6 to 8 weeks. Okay, so I'll get in line and get some before summer really takes off. Well, it's been well over 8 weeks, and we've been told another shipment had arrived but they couldn't fill the order, that we'll have to wait another 4 to 8 weeks. Has anyone else run into this problem? :wacko:

As for me, I'll be finding another load to use for that blaster......

Shooter Grrl- If you don't mind, do you have more details on the case from Shooters Connection. How many 4lb. bottles in a case & how much. Do you just call there and place the order, and do they send it to your house? I could pick it up at the store if it is cheaper. The stuff's getting more expensive than usual. Thanks for the help.

You got 16lbs - either as 1lb or 4lb bottles in a case and you can mix 'em up!

I believe Chuck does not store it anymore, so driving won't be an option, but call him just to make sure. With shipping and Hazmat (to California last time I ordered) it was around $270. This comes out to $16.88/lb INCLUDING the hazmat and shipping :)

Thanks for the details. I goofed, I was thinking about shooters paradise in Virginia for pickup. That's about the same that I paid from Powder Valley, just in case you too are shopping. Thanks again for the help.

So, I it sounds like there's no problem if you order it through someone who stocks it? I was going through a local distributor. He must not have as much "pull" as the business names you mentioned. I ordered it in January and have run into these problems.

Silvervette - You're the only one to reply to my post on the other discussion forum so I thought I would try over here.

10ring- None of the local distributers in Baltimore have the popular pistol powders. One dealer quit carrying VV because it was too difficult to stock. My local range tried getting setup as a distributer and had no luck. Mail order has been the only way for me for the last year. Thanks again Shooter Grrl, Chuck had the best prices for 16lbs. Powder Valley was $5.50 cheaper for 8lbs. Both prices are without shipping and hazmats.