Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do away with revo?

John Z Sr

Just got the Tactical Journal, the IDPA publication, and read the article about some reasons to do away with revo. All I can say is what a freakin' joke. As revo shooters, we shoot each stage like we mean it, we can't miss. We don't plan where to dump a round to make it look like we are not round dumping and our guns are loaded to capacity always, period, We don't have guns designed to hold 18 rounds and put 11 in them, or play with 7 or 8 round mags when the stage design offers advantages to one or the other. We don't get "makeup shots" as we don't have the extra rounds. We just shoot, pure and simple. Not sure about the article's author, but perhaps he is in an area that has a few good revo shooters and they beat him on a regular basis and that does not sit well, like bringing the family mini van to a Nascar race and placing in the top 5. All I know is that in this area, revo shooters regularly place in the top 5-10% out of 60-80 shooters at all our local matches. Revo shooters can shoot, we don't bother anyone, so please, just leave us alone,,,, sit back and say to yourself "gee, I wish I was cool enough to shoot that well with an old round gun" as you try to remember to put 10 rounds in this 17 round mag and 11 rounds in that one.

Just got the Tactical Journal, the IDPA publication, and read the article about some reasons to do away with revo. All I can say is what a freakin' joke. As revo shooters, we shoot each stage like we mean it, we can't miss. We don't plan where to dump a round to make it look like we are not round dumping and our guns are loaded to capacity always, period, We don't have guns designed to hold 18 rounds and put 11 in them, or play with 7 or 8 round mags when the stage design offers advantages to one or the other. We don't get "makeup shots" as we don't have the extra rounds. We just shoot, pure and simple. Not sure about the article's author, but perhaps he is in an area that has a few good revo shooters and they beat him on a regular basis and that does not sit well, like bringing the family mini van to a Nascar race and placing in the top 5. All I know is that in this area, revo shooters regularly place in the top 5-10% out of 60-80 shooters at all our local matches. Revo shooters can shoot, we don't bother anyone, so please, just leave us alone,,,, sit back and say to yourself "gee, I wish I was cool enough to shoot that well with an old round gun" as you try to remember to put 10 rounds in this 17 round mag and 11 rounds in that one.

I sympathize, John.... being in the backwoods where my Tactical Journal didn't arrive until yesterday.

But dude... did you miss the thread here where everyone has been talking about that article for a week?

Or Joyce Wilson's comment a few days ago?

I sympathize, John.... being in the backwoods where my Tactical Journal didn't arrive until yesterday.

But dude... did you miss the thread here where everyone has been talking about that article for a week?

Or Joyce Wilson's comment a few days ago?

Thanks for the links, just read Joyce's reply, thank you Joyce !!!!, and will check the other, this was basically directed to the author of the article, and to get my revo brothers worked up.

Let's just discontinue IDPA.

Now now, we must all get along, besides, what would we do with all the Blue Barrels? Guess we could all go fishing together, we all have fishing vests !!! Relax guys, it was a joke and yes, it was funny, if I do say so myself.

• 3 months later...

Back in the day, I purchased a S&W model 586 with six inch barrel for the revolver class in USPSA. Plus, it could be used for deer hunting in Ohio...as well as groundhogs.

I spent a lot of time shooting this revolver and thought it would be great for IDPA too...but it's not allowed in IDPA matches. For awhile I thought the revolver division might be expanded to allow six inch barrels, but no such luck. Then when I saw the article about doing away with the revolver division all together...I was really disappointed. Fortunately, it sounds like the revolver division will be okay.

Revolvers are certainly fun and still very practical. I hope nobody will ever eliminate them from IDPA matches :cheers:

This is a post on the subject from the IDPA forum by Joyce Wilson.

Greg

"I can wholeheartedly assure everyone that there is no interest or intent in discontinuing the revolver divisions. The opinions in the article are strictly those of the author and in no way, shape or form are the opinions of IDPA Headquarters. It has provided an interesting discussion though :-).

Joyce Wilson

Executive Director

Joyce Wilson, Director

International Defensive Pistol Association"