Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jp CTR-02 vs JP-15

bobcatt320

I have tried to discover this on my own with the search function, but haven't really gotten a great answer. What is the biggest advantage/disadvantage from one vs the other? Is the JP-15 any lighter that the CTR? From what I can tell so far the biggest diff is the CTR-02 is slightly more accurate. Is it worth the difference in price vs the JP-15 for multi gun matches. Thanks in advance.

Any one know if the CTR weighs anymore than the JP-15? I have shot a JP-15 with the low mass bolt carrier and it was awesome, but have never seen or handled a ctr up close.

In my opinion the weight difference would be in the barrel profile more so then in the type of upper. I do fell that the ctr02 would be marginally heavier than the jp -15.

JP15 has a forward assist and the dust cover. CTR02 no dust cover or FA.

The Magpul BAD doesn't work with the CTR02 w/o modification.

In the past the CTR02 included the enhanced bolt. Don't know if it that is current practice now.

I have a CTR02 and a JP15 upper. I'm not really seeing an appreciable difference in accuracy between the two.

In the future I will be getting JP15 uppers insted of the CTR02.

Thanks for the reply, I knew the differences as far as dust cover FA etc..., but that helps hearing that you have both and would go with the jp 15 from now on. I normally buy new guns, but when I get ready for this one I think Im going to look at slightly used ones to begin with. So far I haven't found any used JP 15, not that I am in the market just yet, thats the main reason I had questions with the CTR, not that it is easy, but there seem to be more used CTR-02 out there than the JP 15

Same barrels, chambers, bolts, triggers, comps, springs, gas blocks, gas tubes and small parts. They shoot and handle the same, Chuck already hit on the biggest differences in my mind, the fit and the mag well. The integral mount works for some, but I found it mounted the optic too low for my tastes. they shoot the same, get the one you like best. Dust cover or mag well?

At this point I think either one will be fine, I prefer to buy a slightly used one and at this point CTR's are the only ones you seem to see used. Don't know if that is saying something for the JP-15, either less people have them so there are fewer in the second hand market or more people like them and don't want to part with them. Either way I think I've decided which ever one I seem to find to my liking at the time is the one I will end up going with.