Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How long does it take

Mods, feel free to move this topic because I didn't know exactly where to put it.

I am wondering how long it takes classifiers to show up in my USPSA profile when I look up my number.

I have been shooting USPSA since December and have 3 classifiers that show up under match results, but when I look up my name, only 1 shows up. Do I need all four before the rest will show up?

Funny thing is, it's not my FIRST classifier (ie. oldest) that shows up, it's one in between. I know I won't have a classification yet, but this boggles my mind. Seems like it didn't show up until after they fixed the server but these classifiers were entered WAY back when.

Any insight on this is much appreciated. Thanks!

-Erik

Maybe the club never sent it in.

Might've got lost in the shuffle.

Maybe those that aren't showing up had a mis-matched name and USPSA #.

Usually, classifiers are up the month after the match, depending on where in the month the match falls.

(I.e. near the end of March, will probably be up in May)

The website and classifications are updated on/around the 15th of the month. Scores must be submitted by the and paid for by the club(that's the key usually) by the 10th of a month for it to show up on the update the following week. If a score is late be submitted or paid for, it should show up the following month. If you have a score from December that's not there, I would contact the club to find out why.

As a side note, I had 1 classifier not show up (I zero'd the stage)

The website and classifications are updated on/around the 15th of the month. Scores must be submitted by the and paid for by the club(that's the key usually) by the 10th of a month for it to show up on the update the following week. If a score is late be submitted or paid for, it should show up the following month. If you have a score from December that's not there, I would contact the club to find out why.

As a side note, I had 1 classifier not show up (I zero'd the stage)

Not sure if just anyone can access the classifier payment system, but there are generally a number of classifiers that have been submitted but the club still has not paid the associated fees. At the time of this posting there were 48 unpaid fees, most are late April and early May but some go back to February.

If you check the match results and it is listed, you can also check to see if other shooters have had their results posted to their classifier scores. This way you can check if it is just your results or everyone's results that did not post. I had one shooters results not post because USPSA showed him as expired even though he was not. They later acknowledged that he had renewed but there was a data entry error that forgot to update the data base. Once that was corrected, his scores were properly updated on the classifier page.

Another possibility is that they uploaded the match results but did not upload the classifier file. When scores are submitted they are sent as two separate files if the match included a classifier that was meant to be submitted. We have shot classifiers as part of a practice match just to give the shooters a chance to evaluate their skills prior to shooting the actual monthly match. Classifiers are many times the only stages were many of us will actually shoot strong hand or weak hand only.

Edited by Poppa Bear

There is a difference between posting results and submitting results. These are two separate files generated by the scoring program.

Posting results means anyone can see them online (non USPSA members see first name with last initial only). This is a really great service for clubs that did not have a website to post results, but it does not get your classifier scores to USPSA.

Submitting results is a two step process. First, the activity report is created (can be a file for electronic submission, or a printed hard copy to submit manually). Second, the results are sent to USPSA (electronically uploaded or snail mail). In either case, payment is required for your information to be used for classification.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Edited by LChico