Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SDB Binding.

I just bought a SDB and have done about 700 rounds. On the up swing of the handle it binds a bit. I think it is the load hitting the kick out wire but am unsure. If i feel it bind and go up a bit and then back down it goes. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I have not messed with it at all.

First, remove all brass from the shellplate, and then cycle the handle. Does it still bind? If not, then put only one piece of brass in the shellplate, and cycle it by itself through all the stations, see if it binds at a single specific station.

That is a good possibility. Some brass "sticks" in the shell plate a little tighter than others. Sometimes stopping the handle, going back up slightly and then continuing down will pop it out. You want to be careful that the "pop" doesn't kick powder out of the case moving from station two to three. Personally I just reach in and remove the loaded round. One other thing you need to check is that the free end of the wire is on the correct side of the shell plate. The hooked end can go into the shell plate recess two ways, one on the far side of the shell plate and one on the near side (as seen from the loader). Occasionally, the free end gets pushed over to the loader side of the shell plate. Just pick it out and replace it in the far side. Cartridges will eject much easier that way. Bill

I just bought a SDB and have done about 700 rounds. On the up swing of the handle it binds a bit. I think it is the load hitting the kick out wire but am unsure. If i feel it bind and go up a bit and then back down it goes. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I have not messed with it at all.

Agree with others - could also be junk

under the shellplate.

Thanks for the input guys. It just seems to be the size of the brass on some of the rounds. I cycled it they ways you suggested and found the wire is just catching some differnt than others. I should start a seperate bin to see if its a certain kinda of brass considering i am running mixed brass through it.

The wire is going straight across the black bolt in the center of the round plate is this not correct? I have never messed with it. Dillon do you have pic of what it is supposed to look like. If its in the wrong spot how do i get it back to where its supposed to be..