Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sore Hand = Bad Start

TwoGun

Last year I hurt my left hand and I missed a match. Two weeks later it was still sore but I figured I could shoot. So I get up to the line and the RO tells me to load and make ready. No my open gun was pretty new and you really had to slap the magazine in good and hard to seat it. Of course with my sore hand I didn't get it seated properly.

At the beep I execute a draw and as the gun comes up, the magazine goes flying out and lands about fifteen feet in front of me. I thought the RO was never going to stop laughing at me. I didn't fire a shot so they allowed me to retrieve my magazine and try it again.

While I made it through the day without that happening again, I probably put my hand back at least a week in the healing process. The things we are willing to do in order to be humiliated in a match!

Good shooting.

Here's a trick I learned from El Prez... after inserting your magazine, feel the magazine catch on the side opposite the button. It should be flush with the frame. If it protrudes at all, the magazine isn't seated.

after inserting your magazine, feel the magazine catch on the side opposite the button. It should be flush with the frame.

Amazing.... what a simple idea that is so easy to double check.... ;)

I remember that, mine was holster related, during a surrender draw only, the angle of the hand come down and pressed the mag realase against an offending piece of plastic on the holster, causing the mag to be release in the holster and then be ejected down range during the draw.

Problem has since been fixed....... :D

I feel your pain, I shot the Florida state match with a broken hand.

At a match the week before it I had to quit after one stage, kinda hard to shoot with tears in your eyes, for State I took like 8 BC powders in 2 days.