Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problem with racemaster need help

I just got my racemaster to fit my limcat STI and glock 17 gen 4.

2 more weeks before i receive my limcat so used the glock snap in first. Oh boy i have spent 4hrs filing just to fit the gen 4 but it's okay now.

My big problem right now is that the racemaster doesn't fit the CR speed belt.

The racemaster has 1.535 inch belt space

DSC_3209.jpg

While the CR speed belt has a width of 1.565 inch

DSC_3210.jpg

Do any of you has this problem?

Smoothdraw

Thank you kampr, i'll try it.

Anyway just want to show how much i have filed the insert block + the front trigger guard channel to fit my glock 17 gen 4 and also some fitting issues of the insert block with the main housing (see the small space on the left side)

DSC_3211.jpg

But once i fit it in. It is really secured when locked and fast and reliable on dry fire. I'll shoot this setup in our IPSC match 2nd saturday in GA.

DSC_3212.jpg

I'm just a little bit disappointed that i have to do a lot considering this is $200 holster. Anyway, i also understand DAA's design and with the production tolerance of Glock then really can't blame everything on DAA. I just hope this set-up shines on the match day!

Smoothdraw

I had to file the insert for my single stack too and I had the same feeling too - about having to do this much to a $200 holster. I guess it's normal for this holster to meet with trigger guard production variances.

I bought the DAA belt and I swear I had to use a rubber mallet to get the holster/mag pouches mounted. Funny thing is, I bought a second DAA belt and everything fit much more easily - just hand pressed on the holster and slipped/threaded the pouch hangers onto the belt.

I like mine though and after some dry fire, it's pretty slick.

I just got my racemaster to fit my limcat STI and glock 17 gen 4.

2 more weeks before i receive my limcat so used the glock snap in first. Oh boy i have spent 4hrs filing just to fit the gen 4 but it's okay now.

My big problem right now is that the racemaster doesn't fit the CR speed belt.

The racemaster has 1.535 inch belt space

DSC_3209.jpg

While the CR speed belt has a width of 1.565 inch

DSC_3210.jpg

Do any of you has this problem?

Smoothdraw

Put the hanger on top of a solid area, place the belt on top of it- and

hit the top and bottom of the belt with a brass hammer- it will go in!

i clamped my belt down with some pliers to crimp it down a bit, racemaster went on easily after that.

I had 2 singlestack 1911's, both from wilson with what should have been identical frames. one fit in perfectly, the other required a bit of filing to the block itself but nothing too crazy, no where near your 4 hours. Probably 5 minutes to fit it.