Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Briley signature series 2011

dsmw5142

I know of a guy who has a stainless Briley signature series .40 cal. with three mags he is selling. Here is the link for the gun on Briley's site.

http://www.brileygunvault.com/brileysignatureseries.aspx

He is asking $1800.00 for everything, which certainly sounds like a fair price. I think he is more of a collector than a shooter and stated the gun only has 3-400 rounds through it.

It supposedly has the barrel link as opposed to linkless barrel if that makes a

difference.

I didn't find too much on them when I searched. Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with this gun?

Thanks in advance.

I owned one and it was one of the nicest Limited guns I've owned. I only sold it bexause it WAS one of the linkless ones, and although soft shooting I had longevity and future parts replacement concerns.

But Briley makes a NICE pistol.

Plus, I bet yours is hard chromed rather than stainless.

Edited by sfinney

I know of a guy who has a stainless Briley signature series .40 cal. with three mags he is selling. Here is the link for the gun on Briley's site.

http://www.brileygunvault.com/brileysignatureseries.aspx

He is asking $1800.00 for everything, which certainly sounds like a fair price. I think he is more of a collector than a shooter and stated the gun only has 3-400 rounds through it.

It supposedly has the barrel link as opposed to linkless barrel if that makes a

difference.

I didn't find too much on them when I searched. Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with this gun?

Thanks in advance.

to answer your question, it does matter. The linkless system was dropped by Briley due to it damaging the frame in a short while 5-8k rounds. Although they were very soft shooting(think cz), the frames were not lasting. So they went back to using barrel links, and replaced any barrel with the linkless system to a link type system. Depending on how old the gun is, it could have been built by Claudio or Mike. Definately making this a really good buy!

I shoot a 6" signature series and its the softest shooting limited gun I have ever shot, even at 175PF

Mine. I bought it from someone on here a few years back. Not the signature series. Supposedly built by Claudio. Linked barrel. It's on an SVI frame and last year I had Brandon put the Signature grips on it after feeling them on someone else's gun and loving them. Bobby had made me some really nice grips but the Signature grips really fit my hand well and the weight of them really balances the gun for me. Best gun I've ever owned. Haven't had one issue with it except that it doesn't like shorter loaded ammo if the bullet has a sharp profile. Montana Golds feed at any length. I will never be as accurate as this gun can shoot! And I have a long line of people wanting to buy it if I ever decide to sell it. Not.

post-11202-064408500 1304211557_thumb.jp

post-11202-097048500 1304211571_thumb.jp