Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OK Lets talk Comps

ty34984

Is there any difference in the way a comp performs when the ports are angles towards the back or straight up and down. Comparing a EGW EDM made 4 port to a regular CNC without the angle on the ports.

One benefit is the gases get vented away from your scope to lessen lens hazing.

That is a very good point in a shorty, I have a flat wall Brazos on a shorty and its hard to make it thru a 32 rd COF without stopping to clean the lens. Its a Quinn I which is mounted forward. While just an opinion, no direct measurements, and having both the leaning and perpendicurlar to bore line walled comps, I think the perpendicurlar walls do more to cut recoil, and seem about as flat with the same load. But back to the real question do the larger surfaces of the EDM help, I think they they do give you more comp surface.

Edited by CocoBolo

The pic on left.

There are other reasons for angled ports but I don't worry about it.

Pick a comp, stick with it and just keep using it with the same load.

But I am worried about it. Please tell.

:surprise: The comp on the left is a really good comp for 38 super type guns.

The comp ive found that works the best with 9mm is the Jim hand Egw comp,next is the CNC 4 port comp number 11830.

The comp I use on my super is the Caspian "X" Comp, I run about 170 P.F, If you all keep your P.F. up around 170 your 9mm

open guns work good there.

Jim/Pa

Sailors :sight:

I would think that the forward angle would help keep the pistol flatter but hit you a little harder in the hands straight back (all other things being equal.)

Edited by al503

So after looking down the comp again the first 3 are all angled. So the only reason they do the angle is to keep the lens cleaner? I feel it has to affect the lock time and how the gun feels. Has anyone done a side by side? I have shoot different guns side by side angled and straight but on different guns so i cant say for sure.

the theroy behind the angled baffle is to provide more surface area for the gasses to hit against, thus providing more stability of the gun.

But their are so many variables that contribute to a flat shooting gun, that is just one of them.