Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The UniqueTek Toolhead Clamp Kit™

I would love some options on these from someone who has tried it. Was wondering if it is worth the time, bother or money.

Thanks

Lee

It works as advertised and is simple to install. It does reduce variance in OAL. One tip: don't fully tighten the clamp bolts until you have the shellplate in its uppermost position and full.

I have it on all of my Dillon toolheads and have some of the Whidden Gunworks pre-tapped heads, too.

I ordered a tool head already setup with the clamp system and the regular size package to convert my other heads. I also ordered their Dillon bearing kit to see how well that works.

Thanks for the reply's

Me too! :cheers:

I have it on my Dillon 650 with my Dillon 38 SC dies, and, frankly, it doesn't work with a darn. I still have to pull or adjust almost every .38 SC brass case so that it will go into my deprime die. I installed the kit per instructions and have called Unique-tek for help. They tried their best, but, it still is unreliable. I also called Dillon and followed their advice, but without success. Luckily, I got the kit as a prize, glad I didn't pay for it.

Slidelock, had problems when initially installing mine. Turns out the ram needed aligned with the head. Dillon helped with the special tool and all is well.

Don't know how much this setup truly helped as I still have OAL variation even with the Redding Competion Seating Die.But I do have very few problems now.

I have it on my Dillon 650 with my Dillon 38 SC dies, and, frankly, it doesn't work with a darn. I still have to pull or adjust almost every .38 SC brass case so that it will go into my deprime die. I installed the kit per instructions and have called Unique-tek for help. They tried their best, but, it still is unreliable. I also called Dillon and followed their advice, but without success. Luckily, I got the kit as a prize, glad I didn't pay for it.

I don't understand how this could be the toolheads fault??? :o Are you sure your toolhead is aligned?

I have a 9mm XL650 set-up and it rocks, I just loaded another 400 in 30 minutes uninterruppted this morning. Rodell graciously gave me 2 spare coils, lent me the tools to install and I just bought the screws and washers locally. If you cases are not lining up in the #1 station that's a casefeeder shuttle issue not the toolhead. You set the toolhead up tighten it down once all statins are loaded. After that it's the station 1 locator that is the varible to get the case in the right place.

I love my set-up, with FMJ OAL is 0.002 of target with my Redding competion seating die. A little more with the Moly lead I load for a different gun.

Edited by Boxerglocker

I ran this when I was loading 45..

Made marginal difference..

I'm reloading 40 now I get excellent seating without it..

I think it's a cure for a problem that doesn't exist.

Imho

Cheers

Edited by carlosa

Imho

Cheers

this has been my experience too.....YMMV

i have the kit from uniquetek love it.. now they have the same toolhead but with a floating sizer and seater position its like 63 bucks i think ima try that! i like my 9mm to fly straight as can be

I think it works as advertised.

Did a back to back comparison since you can utilze the locator pins if you lose the screw.

Variance in OAL is less with the Uniquetek kit compared to without.

Used a redding precision seater for the above test.

If I buy another XL650, I'll be buying another kit.

• 2 weeks later...

Imho

Cheers

this has been my experience too.....YMMV

Same here. While there is a very tiny amount of OAL variance, it does not appear to be enough to bother with it.