Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10 round .40 mags

chp5

I have some 10 round .40 mags that are VERY hard to seat - to the point where I would not use them in a match.

Any tips on how to loosen them up? Does anyone use differnt followers with them?

Thanks.

Using Tom Novak's +1 followers helped me to load & seat 10 rounders a bunch. I highly recommend his steel guide rod as well. It's so fat it's almost as heavy as the tungsten rod that other places sell.

http://www.handgunneroutlet.net/parts/part.htm

You have to narrow the back "wings" on the follower to fit in a ten-rounder. The difference is that a hi-cap follower uses the plastic outside the 2 mold lines. For the 10-rounder, you remove all the material outside the mold lines. Takes maybe 15minutes.

Using Tom Novak's +1 followers helped me to load & seat 10 rounders a bunch.

You have to narrow the back "wings" on the follower to fit in a ten-rounder. The difference is that a hi-cap follower uses the plastic outside the 2 mold lines. For the 10-rounder, you remove all the material outside the mold lines. Takes maybe 15minutes.

Thanks Eric.

Also to help load is the "austrian stomp."

If you have a hard time loading, the last few rounds. Place the next round on the top of the mag and forcefully tap the mag base on the table. It can help give you enough momentum to seat the last round.

It's a little tricky at first, but i use it with all my new glock 10 round mags at first.

• 1 month later...

Take them apart. Look at the base of the mag tube where the plastic starts coming up around the metal in the inside. My G21 mags had some extra plastic that was fouling the downward travel of the follower. Once I carefully trimmed this extra plastic, the 10th rounds fit in much easier.