Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Transmission messing up on car

EkuJustice

So I had the transmission blow a seal last summer and repaired under warrenty. It never did run right after that and they had trouble making it duplicate as they refused to drive it enough to heat it up. New fluid swapped in novermber so still to cold for it to really make the noise.

Just a few days ago on the first nice day in a long time when it hit 75 degrees and a long drive it messes up. I take it in to them and was basically im not picking it up till you duplicate it. The ended up running it on the rack till it heated up enough to cause the problem again and said it needed to be replaced.

brand new 3600 dollar transmission getting put in, total out of pocket ZERO dollars

Oh, It hit their lot with 119,998 miles on a 120k transmission warranty. Car would drive still but AAA towed it the last few miles to the shop. I even had the service manager come out to verify the mileage as it was dropped off the flat bed.

WOW! And I thought I was cutting it close when I had one replaced with 48 miles left on a warranty. The guy at the dealership told me "nobody is gonna beat that". Good for you. :cheers:

Nissan. Their past fix was to swap the fluid. When the seal originally messed up and leaked a ton of fluid and probibally cooked what was left they simply topped it off and didnt drain what was left of the old. When i called to tell them it was messed up got told it has to come in under warranty mileage or its no go since it was drove all winter on the "repair" It was only very noticeable when it got hot from driving distance, hot outside, driving in the mountains etc so It didnt do it all winter since it was too cold so they assumed it was fixed.

Believe me I watched it like a hawk on the drive down there. Thats why it was towed in :ph34r:

The look on their face when they verified the mileage and signed off on the mileage just mad you want to

:roflol: