Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quinn hole pattern

latech15

I have a serendipity mounted now and would like to switch to a sideways mount. I am leaning towards the Quinn mount. I know that I will have to drill two additional holes, but do the three existing holes in my frame (for the serendipity) line up with three of the holes in the Quinn?

I have a serendipity mounted now and would like to switch to a sideways mount. I am leaning towards the Quinn mount. I know that I will have to drill two additional holes, but do the three existing holes in my frame (for the serendipity) line up with three of the holes in the Quinn?

The 5 hole pattern in .375 center to center and the Serendipity is .75 (.75/2 = .375) center to center so you end up with 2 more holes exactly between the 3 existing holes or you can just use the 3 existing holes and they will fit.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

are 3 screws enough to hold?........been wondering that myself........The scope and the mount are easy....Because of where I live; to get two more perfectly spaced, drilled and tapped holes I have to mail my frame off.........Just wondering...

Joe

When I wanted to try the Quinn mount on my open gun I was only able to use 3 screws to mount it. If i decided I liked it I was going to buy a blank mount and get it drilled to my odd hole pattern.

I ran the regular Quinn mount for quite a bit of time before finally getting a blank one drilled and it held up fine for me.

Neal in AZ

are 3 screws enough to hold?........been wondering that myself........The scope and the mount are easy....Because of where I live; to get two more perfectly spaced, drilled and tapped holes I have to mail my frame off.........Just wondering...

Joe

Well, it takes just a few minutes for someone with a drill press... it is a shame to have to ship it back and forth, I think you should be able to find a local guy, if you are reluctant to do it yourself. 3 screws might hold it, might not, people had differing experiences. Worst thing happens - the screw breaks, then you potentially ARE up the creek - depending upon where it breaks. Torch... pliers... scratched frame... potentially drilling it out.