Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who makes this?

gmantwo

I bought a gun from a friend, and am not sure who makes it. It has an STI 2011 grip/frame, but the top end is a fixed barrel blowback 9mm. The barrel does not recoil/move at all, and the slide is not around the barrel, only below and behind it. It looks and works exactly like the .22 top ends Marvel, Tac-Sol and others are building. It uses standard 1911 recoil springs, but they go in from the front via a screw in type plug, came with a special screwdriver looking tool for takedown. You unscrew the plug, out comes the plug and spring, then you push out the slide release and a second pin fixing the barrel, THEN the top end will slide off. I bought it hoping to be able to load 9mm light enough for my 10y.o. to be able to shoot it. The lightest charge my 550 measure will throw of TTG, without changeing to a small caliber bar, is 2.4gr. With a 115 MG bullet, it makes 73 power factor, lol. But the gun functions fine with a 10lb spring. It'll actually work with a 13, but doesn't give good positive ejection. My son is going to shoot the Biachi Cup with it in May. I put a Quinn II mount and a C-More on it and it looks and shoots great. There are 6 holes milled crosswise in the barrel for gas bleedoff. Very unique set-up, I'd like to know who made it and if they're still in business. The slide was cracked when my friend got it, he repaired the slide and I'd like to know if at some point I want to get a new one, where to go.

post-14188-070143000 1302574715_thumb.jppost-14188-018772200 1302574748_thumb.jp

post-14188-044064300 1302574773_thumb.jppost-14188-095612000 1302574789_thumb.jp

post-14188-006022000 1302574813_thumb.jppost-14188-009787200 1302574844_thumb.jp

Edited by gmantwo

I don't know who built it, but it looks like a Tanfo slide top with a standard 1911 slide with the top and end milled off. Unless there is some unique in the slide besides that, any smith should be able to make another slide for you.

http://www.m1911.org/ncg.htm

http://ncggasgun.com/barreldetails/

Just a guess. I was facinated with this concept a few years ago.

Me too.

The slide in the picture above does say "Ultimate", so I'd think you are right.

I really liked the idea. Seemed like the light slides would out run the hicap magazines...IIRC ? (just from my internet reading, I've never handled one)

So, instead of a blow back gun, this one is likely gas?

There's no gas port or feed into the slide/spring area. It is a 9mm. The feed ramp is very short and sits well forward of the frame, that seems to cause some feed problems, but otherwise the gun runs well. Thanks

If it's a simple blowback in 9mm....YIKES! There is a reason the MP5 uses roller delayed blowback, and the UZI bolt is fairly heavy.

There must be something in there. I wish I could inspect it. Could you post a couple pics of the slide and barrel removed from the slide?

Edited by want2race

Yea, the NCG is what I've got, but I'll be damned if I can tell where the gas system is. After reading some about functionality, I probably need to increase the recoil spring weight. When it does fail to feed, it hangs exactly as the description. I'll move up 2lbs at a time and see what works. It'll be a while though, just went to work and won't be back home until the middle of May. Thanks