Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40 5inch pro shooting low

benjamin

The factory height on the 5" Pro is .180, or was. The .265 that Dawson refers to is for use with their adjustable rear, not for use with the factory rear.

Well I decided to break down and get some adjustable sights for mine. I'm gonna try the new Novak adjustable sights for the M&P. Picked them up at Brownells and they are cheaper than the Dawson Precision sights. They are available in plain, white dot, and fiber optic. I should have them Wednesday or Thursday, so I'll post pics and a review as soon as I can for those that may be interested. The front and rear sights are not sold as a set, so you can mix and match to your taste. Just search M&P sights if you get on Brownells website.

Edited by Adam P.

Dawson has a chart you can use to plot the front sight. A shorter front would bring the group up. The adjustable rear would be great to really fine tune your pistol, you may end up doing both before it over.

Well I decided to break down and get some adjustable sights for mine. I'm gonna try the new Novak adjustable sights for the M&P. Picked them up at Brownells and they are cheaper than the Dawson Precision sights. They are available in plain, white dot, and fiber optic. I should have them Wednesday or Thursday, so I'll post pics and a review as soon as I can for those that may be interested. The front and rear sights are not sold as a set, so you can mix and match to your taste. Just search M&P sights if you get on Brownells website.

I'll be interested to hear how that works out for you. I am considering the same thing.

I had same problem. Just bought a Pro series 9mm. Very tight group 3 inches low at 7 yards and 25 yards. I bench tested it and two friends who are accurate shooters had exactly the same result with the bench. 3 inches low. I read the thread and it seems sending to S&W is not going to fix the problem. I have to spend more money on adjustable sights. Does anyone else have any illuminating advice?

I'll be interested to hear how that works out for you. I am considering the same thing.

They worked out good. I did get out to the range on Tuesday and now I have that M&P hitting where I want. I did a review on them and posted it in the S&W forum with pics of them. They were worth it IMO.

To add another data point to the discussion, I finally got a chance to check out my buddies 5 inch 40 Pro and it has a .180 tall front sight (Stock Pro series front and rear sights) and when I shot it the POA/POI was dead on at 20 yards. His low hits were due to a mean flinch :blush: