Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to get a long slide

Nealio

Tossing around the idea of building a long slide .40 after shooting my new longslide .45. I have no idea where I could get a hold of a long slide though, as EAA seems to only sell the standard length and what they call a "long slide" which is what the Match, Limited, etc come with (I think). Anyone have any ideas where I could get a true 6" slide? Maybe wait for this mythical IFG company to appear? :)

- Nealio

Good luck finding an aftermarket slide for the EAA/Tanfo guns. EAA does not sell only the slides and they require that you buy the whole top end :angry2:

Maybe they can sell you a Hunter top end?

So their "slide" product has a barrel too? I did notice the "slide" is only $35 less than a "conversion kit".. If I could buy a Hunter top end that would work. Maybe I'll call em.

Thanks,

- Nealio

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck finding an aftermarket slide for the EAA/Tanfo guns. EAA does not sell only the slides and they require that you buy the whole top end :angry2:

Maybe they can sell you a Hunter top end?

So their "slide" product has a barrel too? I did notice the "slide" is only $35 less than a "conversion kit".. If I could buy a Hunter top end that would work. Maybe I'll call em.

Thanks,

- Nealio

I wonder if folks would get hemmed up for EAA not producing the Hunter in .40S&W configuration. that was the response I got when asking about using a Hunter and replacing the 10mm barrel with a .40 one.

I wanted a .40 Hunter also. Started calling barrel companys. Briley had one Tangfolio in stock. My gun smith fit the 6" Briley, it runs great. One frame and two barrels. As we all know .40 is a lot cheaper to practise with than 10mm