Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for P226

bagdrag

I'm looking for a holster for a friend and wanted to suggest a Safariland, but I'm running into a snafu. According to Safariland's willfit charts, P226's with a serial# after 365426 have a wide trigger guard and will not fit any of their concealment holsters. Anybody else run into this issue or is the willfit chart all wrong? My friend's P226 does not have a light rail in case you were wondering.

Any other suggestions for holsters besides blade-tech (which is one consideration)? I really like how the Safariland's have a suede-type lining for their concealment holsters. I'm asking in this forum because action shooters typically know which ones are the best.

Thanks.

depends on what u doing with the gun and holster. Concealment..... go high quality custom leather. I like Milt Sparks myself. Not much more money than bulk made safarialnd or galco and wayyyyyy better quality. great comfort and no gun fit problems. The only downside is waiting on it.

They are busy. As far as retention, a proper fit custom leather holster will hold the gun till u draw it. It won't bounce out, even under heated activity.

for sport or matches? Bladetech.

The holster will probably get most of its use from outdoor field carry. I believe (hope) he is using it to carry his P226 as a self-defense gun (protection from people not animals I hope) while hunting. This is my friend's intended use but not my suggested use.

Thanks for the Milt Sparks suggestion. I will look more closely at it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I favor Alessi and Kramer. They build pretty good stuff. Spendy, but worth every penny. I ordered an Alessi Talon Plus on a Tuesday, and the following Monday it was on my porch. Never had a Milt Sparks, but only because I didn't want to wait six months (for real!) to get one.

• 3 weeks later...