Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI OKO Scope mount

Bear1142

After my embarrassing finish at the Open Nationals last year, I decided to build a new open gun. I decided to try an OKO sight instead of a C-More for numerous reason that I won't go into here. I ordered a STI OKO scope mount and just got it back from having it mounted. I am extremely disappointed to say the least! :angry: There is probably 3/8" of space between the top of the slide and the bottom of the scope mount. It appears that the mount is excessively high. The scope was mounted as far down on the frame as practically possible. Does anybody else have this problem? Does Dawson make a mount for the OKO and does it sit lower than the STI? I will try to get a pic up by tomorrow.

Erik

I just checked out the STI website and there is a picture of what I'm talking about. Check out the picture of the new STI stinger with the OKO scope. You'll see how high it sits compared to the C-More mounts. What the hell was STI thinking?

Hey Erik, yeah it sits pretty high now that I think about it. I searched on Dawson's sight and didn't find anything, Bob at Brazos has an "OKO adapter plate". However I'm not sure what it is as theres no pic. Make sure you get a good cleaning cloth, as you'll need to clean the screen alot (I took one from the Tasco binoculars that EVERYBODY got at FL Open....).

BTW, is TTI still building your guns? Or are you doing it yourself now?

This is one topic I may be able to shed some light on. Good choice on the OKO by the way. This part is hear say but I belive it..The reason the mount is so high is to prevent brass from hitting the scope or mount on the way out.

The adapter that Brazos is selling allows you to mount your OKO to your C-more type mount. I have tried both the adapter did sit lower. OKO does also sell a mount which is two sided. If you gun is drilled with a C-more pattern might be a good option. The only other company I am aware of is Rescomp. They also offer a mount.

Hopefully helps you. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Maybe you can ask Brian Hawley (BrianH on this forum) to build you a scope mount that would sit lower than the STI mount.

I have a two sided mount for Oko made by Oko and it put the dot closer, it allows me to put the gun in the box when I put on the modified upper.

Brian's website (the other brian) www.experimentalmachining.com