Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75 Extended Ambi Safetey

CZinSC

Is anyone running the CZ75 Extended Ambi Safety in Production?

I'm trying to figure out if it is legal for USPSA production before buying it. After reading the rules in Appx D, I just can't tell. The main hang up I see is, I don't think it is a CZ-USA part, it looks to be a CZ Custom part.

Ext Ambi Safety

Anyone?

no, not legal. not a factory part or on a factory gun. you can call cz-usa and ask, but i doubt it. also note the review comment abotu not fitting in the ipsc box. may consider that if you shoot stuff like the fl open or go to major matches and run into a box. i've run into the box before.

Gerard, i did see that comment. I was curious how it doesn't fit in the box with an extended saftey? I ran into the box at the IPSC Nationals in Columbia last year, and mine didn't fit because of the wrong extended base pads (different situation and all my fault). So curious how the safety would make it not fit.

My thoughts are that since it is a CZ Custom part, that it isn't legal. Might have to call Rob and Angus when the shop opens and see what they have to say.

Enutees, I looked on CZUSA site and didn't see it, do you have a link to the part?

box has depth measurement too, safety probably sticks out too far.

Thanks! That makes sense.

Maybe I misunderstood I thought you were referring to the shadow extended safety.

Nope, I just didn't clarify...sorry. I was referring to the SP01, not the Shadow.

Edited by CZinSC

I have that safety on a TS and I'm not sure I like it yet. Its a nice big shelf for your right hand thumb, but its also a ledge that prevents your weak hand from getting up as high. I'll polish the underside to remove the sharp edges before making a final decision on whether to keep it on.