Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35

JayJayJay

Woow Jay Jay I bet that woke you up. I would call the Glock store before you do anything.

Way ahead of you. I toke out the Fulcrum Trigger and replaced the stock one. I did leave in the new safety plunger with spring and the new lighter striker spring. I will call the Glock Store on Monday and take it from there. I will most likely just ship the gun to them and let them do the work. They do it for free as long as you buy the stuff from them.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woow Jay Jay I bet that woke you up. I would call the Glock store before you do anything.

Way ahead of you. I toke out the Fulcrum Trigger and replaced the stock one. I did leave in the new safety plunger with spring and the new lighter striker spring. I will call the Glock Store on Monday and take it from there. I will most likely just ship the gun to them and let them do the work. They do it for free as long as you buy the stuff from them.

Ya I hope you get it all straitened out. By the way I have G35 envy :cheers:

Ya I hope you get it all straitened out. By the way I have G35 envy :cheers:

I love this Glock 35. I still have not been able to use it at a match cause I am still trying to get it right. Once The Glock Store gets it, they fix it and install the rest of the new parts I should be ready to run with the Limited Big Dogs!

Edited by JayJayJay

Well just got back from the range and as I feared the Fulcrum trigger did not work. It for some reason shoots4-6 (almost a full auto gun)rounds at each trigger pull. I have no idea why this is happening. The guy at the range told me the gun was unsafe and that I need to take the Fulcrum trigger out and get my money back. I will call the place I got it on Monday.

Edited by JayJayJay

A stock Glock 35 is ready to run with the Big Dogs.

Is there anybody in your area you can get with for some instruction?

I was joking about the Big Dogs. I am just doing this for fun. I do not expect to win any matches. I don't like to play golf so I shoot instead. I have only been in 3 matches and it was in production. I normally place somewhere in the middle. The only thing I need to work on is a grip issue I am having with and speed. I am normally getting A hits but my time is hurting because I am fumbling with magazine exchanges. I have been shooting since I was 18 (20 years now). I normally just carry the weapon for work and have just started USPSA matches. They did not teach me this type of shooting in the Army or the Academy. Thanks guys for all your help. :sight:

Always start out with 1 round for trigger test with a mag that doesn't lock the slide back so you can see if the striker falls on the 2nd round!

Don't know much about glocks, but what happens when you fully CLEAR the gun and double check that its clear, pull the slide back to cock it then pull the trigger and while holding the trigger cock the slide again then slowly let the trigger reset? If you can tell WHEN its firing again, you might be able to determine what's happening with the internals yourself. I hate sending off guns.

You have done springs, triggers, strikers all kinds of stuff to that gun already, I would definately send it in to someone to look at. It may be due to a missing plunger spring or something like that, if the safety plunger bound up and held the striker forward or something else.

Did you do a function check? I need to watch the DVD and then I will get back to you.

I am just saying that it could be one of many things, not just the trigger itself.

It is also fairly important that when you take out the pins they go out left to right and in right to left (from the AGI DVD), the locking block pin should also be the first out and the first in (I believe). This helps when it is time to put the slide lock lever back for proper spring position. Do you have the AGI "Making Glocks Rock" DVD? Well worth it.

The search function is your friend.

WG

Edited by Wild Gene

You have done springs, triggers, strikers all kinds of stuff to that gun already, I would definately send it in to someone to look at. It may be due to a missing plunger spring or something like that, if the safety plunger bound up and held the striker forward or something else. Did you do a function check? This is from memory and without having a gun in hand, from the AGI DVD. Check to make sure the gun is empty, dry fire then tip it up and down a few times, just to make sure everyting has settled, now point it up and shake up and down, listen to the noise it makes, now recock and again while pointing it up, dryfire and keep the trigger held down (do not release, keep it pinned back) and again shake the gun up and down, if it sounds the exact same, something could be bound up. Now release the trigger pointing up and shake again, it should rattle then quiet down, if not, you could have a stuck safety plunger or something.

I am just saying that it could be one of many things, not just the trigger itself.

It is also fairly important that when you take out the pins they go out left to right and in right to left (from the AGI DVD), the locking block pin should also be the first out and the first in (I believe). This helps when it is time to put the slide lock lever back for proper spring position. Do you have the AGI "Making Glocks Rock" DVD? Well worth it.

WG

Thanks! I have already taken out the Fulcrum trigger and replaced the stock one. I am going to send it to them and have them work on it. I do not feel comfortable firing a weapon that I worked on at this point. This was a learning experience for me. At least I did learn how to break down the gun completely so that I was able to change :cheers: out the trigger, change the striker spring, the safety plunger and spring, etc. I hope it was a faulty trigger and not the work I did. Maybe I should just replace all the stock parts back and then fire the weapon?

I did an edit to my post. I need to watch the DVD. There is a simple test to know if the safety plunger is working correctly. It could be the cruciform, it could be all kinds of little things.

I would really suggest you order a copy of American Gunsmithing Institute's "Making Glocks Rock!" by T.R. Graham. You can find it from many of the online vendors.

And my $.02's, I am a fan of the GlockTriggers.com products.

WG

Edited by Wild Gene

You have done springs, triggers, strikers all kinds of stuff to that gun already, I would definately send it in to someone to look at. It may be due to a missing plunger spring or something like that, if the safety plunger bound up and held the striker forward or something else. Did you do a function check? This is from memory and without having a gun in hand, from the AGI DVD. Check to make sure the gun is empty, dry fire then tip it up and down a few times, just to make sure everyting has settled, now point it up and shake up and down, listen to the noise it makes, now recock and again while pointing it up, dryfire and keep the trigger held down (do not release, keep it pinned back) and again shake the gun up and down, if it sounds the exact same, something could be bound up. Now release the trigger pointing up and shake again, it should rattle then quiet down, if not, you could have a stuck safety plunger or something.

WG

Thanks! I have already taken out the Fulcrum trigger and replaced the stock one. I am going to send it to them and have them work on it. I do not feel comfortable firing a weapon that I worked on at this point. This was a learning experience for me. At least I did learn how to break down the gun completely so that I was able to change :cheers: out the trigger, change the striker spring, the safety plunger and spring, etc. I hope it was a faulty trigger and not the work I did. Maybe I should just replace all the stock parts back and then fire the weapon?

I was thinking of a different check. You do this function check with the slide off. Basically, with the slide in hand, see if the striker moves, it may a little then snap into place. Shake the slide, you will hear a slight rallte, but not much. Now Depress the safety plunger with your thumb and shake the slide up and down. The striker will move back and forth, release the plunger, it should come up a little, shake slide and it should not rattle, pull the striker back and the plunger should lock back into the safe position, the striker should now be locked into place, only moving maybe 1/16th".

You really need to just get the DVD to really get the full and correct test. I now need to keep searching to see what I was trying to explain in my initial post. It is hell getting old. It may have been one of the checks for a NY Trigger.

WG

WG

I was thinking of a different check. You do this function check with the slide off. Basically, with the slide in hand, see if the striker moves, it may a little then snap into place. Shake the slide, you will hear a slight rallte, but not much. Now Depress the safety plunger with your thumb and shake the slide up and down. The striker will move back and forth, release the plunger, it should come up a little, shake slide and it should not rattle, pull the striker back and the plunger should lock back into the safe position, the striker should now be locked into place, only moving maybe 1/16th".

You really need to just get the DVD to really get the full and correct test. I now need to keep searching to see what I was trying to explain in my initial post. It is hell getting old. It may have been one of the checks for a NY Trigger.

WG

Thank you !!!!! :rolleyes:

Again, personal preference. The lighter the trigger the easier it is to tap it and make it go bang. Too light a trigger, and you can sometimes "slap" the trigger, affecting left and right misses. I like a nice medium trigger, easy enough for me to pull, but just a tad of resistance so i focus on a good, straight pull and follow through.

Since Glocks are double action, you're not going to get as short and crisp as say a Single Action 1911, but they can still be pretty impressively short and crisp.

Try out what works for you, there are enough easy fixes in a Glock (plunger spring, trigger spring, striker spring, recoil spring, connector, .25 trigger job, etc.) that you can play with to find what's right for you.

As stated above, go as light as you feal comfortable. I set my pro. G17 at 2 3/4# with just spring changes and some polishing. My L/L-10 G35 I did some external trigger modes along with some spring changes and its right at 2#'s 3OZ's. You don't need to spend big bucks on a special trigger, you wont bumb from a C shooter to a G-MASTER dropping in some fancy trigger. Keep it simple and if you don't like it easy to go back to OEM parts.

I have my 1911 set at 2.5lb crisp (maybe a tad under that). It is PERFECT (in my opinion) and gives me the lightness needed to make quick shots as well as the time needed to hold back if necessary.

Try some friend's out and find what you like, but keeping it crisp is the biggie.