Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just another New Guy from VA

vxhybrid

Just wanted to stop in and say Hi. I am in the Hampton roads area. I shoot CDP in IDPA in Norfolk regularly and want to start shooting ipsc and other matches. I know about the matches at US training center but are there others?

Thanks

Shaun

Despite the gun friendly state, huge military presence, and lots of shooters, Va is a huge black hole for USPSA, You have Blackwater down in Moyock, Fredericksburg and a couple clubs way out west. Check USPSA's websight club finder for info. I really hope our new Area director makes this a priority.

Mechaniscville has a pretty decent steel fun match once a month and I think they shoot IDPA. There are a few more ranges in the Norfolk to Richmond corridor that coud host USPSA if we could get the ball rolling. Quite a few shooters travel from mechanicsville, and tidewater to Fredericksburg every month. I assume I could draw on some of these if I could get a match going. And yes I have approached range land owners and volunteered to MD, so far no luck. (you listening D.R.?)

Welcome! Shooters from VA are the best ;-) Fredericksburg would be a drive for you, but it is a great match. There is a steel match every month down near richmond which would be close for you - the people are great there, and its just a fun place to practice for matches. Its set up like a USPSA match, but its all steel, no paper.

Enjoy Enos, and happy shooting :)

Welcome! Shooters from VA are the best ;-) Fredericksburg would be a drive for you, but it is a great match. There is a steel match every month down near richmond which would be close for you - the people are great there, and its just a fun place to practice for matches. Its set up like a USPSA match, but its all steel, no paper.

Enjoy Enos, and happy shooting :)

I would definately be in to shooting some steel. do you have a link for me?

thanks