Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Converting G34 to G35

QuietM4

A crazy idea popped into my head yesterday...

I currently shoot a G34 in Minor Limited, and I would like to step up to Major. Instead of buying a G35, couldn't I just pick up a LW G35 slide and barrel? I am pretty sure it would work, but I am not 100% sure. The main reason I don't want to get an entire new gun is that I love the custom grip on my G34 frame, and I would hate to pay to duplicate it on another gun. Just trying to save a few hundred bucks.

Has anyone done this?

Done it but mine is a 24. You will need the 40 cal parts for the slide also extractor plunger(dont forget channel liner) and a 40cal ejector/trigger housing.

That's exactly what I thought...just wanted so see if anyone else had tried it. It would most likely be a semi-permanent change over, so swapping internals is no problem.

Thanks!

A crazy idea popped into my head yesterday...

I currently shoot a G34 in Minor Limited, and I would like to step up to Major. Instead of buying a G35, couldn't I just pick up a LW G35 slide and barrel? I am pretty sure it would work, but I am not 100% sure. The main reason I don't want to get an entire new gun is that I love the custom grip on my G34 frame, and I would hate to pay to duplicate it on another gun. Just trying to save a few hundred bucks.

Has anyone done this?

The G35 barrel would have to be turned down .020 where it goes through the end of the slide and you could still use the G34 barrel.

If you opened up the end of the slide .020 that would work for the G35 barrel but not for the G34 barrel.

There was a previous discussion on "Frankenstein Guns", or different frames/slides for Glock in the Rules Forum, found here:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=123606

(now I know how those moderators feel)

Might want to read that as far as the legality before you start buying custom parts and switch everything around.

Edited by Pro-Pain