Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shaving, recommendations for electric shaver

I have been shaving for almost a 1/2 century but always used a blade. I have tried the plastic throw away blades but they get clogged up. I am thinking of buying an electric shaver soon and I have to make a decision because it is time to shave again. I have a full head of hair that I shave off in the spring and let grow back when the weather gets cold. It's getting warm enough to shave my head

I have been shaving my head for about 5 to 10 years but I have a hard time doing a good job with a blade. I start out cutting my hair short with a clipper then remove the rest with an old fashioned double edge blade.

This year I am switching to electric and there seems to be a wide range of prices anywhere from $30 to $300. Remington makes a R3 360 pivot and flex model R3130 for under $30, and I saw a Philips Norelco 1250xcc/42 SensoTouch 3d Electric Shaver with Jet Clean System on Amazon.com for $200, but they have some in the $300 price range and some for about $100.

Philips $200

http://www.shavertoday.com/Rotary-238090011-B003V37Z9W-Philips_Norelco_1250cc42_SensoTouch_3d_Electric_Shaver_with_Jet_Clean_System_Black

Remington under $30

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Remington-R3103-Rotary-Shaver/12534220

PS I noticed the sell replacement heads that cost $30 to $50, how often do you need to replace the heads

Does anyone shave their head with an electric shaver, if so what do you use and recommend.

I saw a Philips Norelco 1250xcc/42 SensoTouch 3d Electric Shaver with Jet Clean System

Damn, I read this too fast and I thought you were getting a 1250cc shaver. I wanted to see that thing run!

It was a toss up between the 1250 and the R3130. The 1250 is not quite 10 time more expensive than the Remington. After reading some of the reviews about the the Remington not being very good and the blades breaking easily I went and ordered the $200 shaver from Amazon. I never owned an electric shaver before and I have no idea why there is such a big difference in price but I am hoping the electric shaver will make it easier to shave my head. Also I stopped shaving my face mid winter so I my use it for my face or I may just shave the head and not the face.

This is a picture of me taken with Col. Robert K. Morgan, Pilot of the Memphis Belle who passed away on 15 May 04. I believe the photo was taken the summer of 03

meandrobertmorgan.jpg?t=1299188741

Edited by silvercorvette

none of them work well on more than a couple days growth. The Norelco rotating head design gives closest comfortable shave, however skip a day and it'll pull hairs out. The Braune isnt as close a shave and is a little rough but you can skip a few days, I honestly dont see one working for you until after you shave it with a razor then you could hit it daily with either the norelco or braune. The blades last bout 6 months with daily face use.

I have a Conair clipper similar to the one in the link

http://www.conair-store.com/product_detail.asp?T1=CON+HC200GB&HDR=GROOMING#back

I basically use it once a year to cut the hair down to short stubble, then I use an old fashioned double edge blade. After approximately 10 years of doing a terrible job cutting myself and missing spots I am hopping these newfangled shavers make it easier. I have no idea what to expect but to keep on doing the same thing that has given me poor results it has finally sunk in I need to try something different.

I can always return the one I bought unopened if I made a poor choice I can always get something else, I think the three head design will fit the contours of my head better.

I anyone has suggestions I would love to hear them while I can still have the chance to switch to a different brand, I just want to get rid of my hair ASAP.

I have a Conair clipper similar to the one in the link

http://www.conair-store.com/product_detail.asp?T1=CON+HC200GB&HDR=GROOMING#back

I basically use it once a year to cut the hair down to short stubble, then I use an old fashioned double edge blade. After approximately 10 years of doing a terrible job cutting myself and missing spots I am hopping these newfangled shavers make it easier. I have no idea what to expect but to keep on doing the same thing that has given me poor results it has finally sunk in I need to try something different.

I can always return the one I bought unopened if I made a poor choice I can always get something else, I think the three head design will fit the contours of my head better.

I anyone has suggestions I would love to hear them while I can still have the chance to switch to a different brand, I just want to get rid of my hair ASAP.

wax that dome and be done with it :) or there is nair hair remover

used it on our face and neck in boot :)

B

I got the Philips Norelco 1250xcc/42 SensoTouch 3d Electric Shaver with Jet Clean System, it was delivered Saturday. I wasn't aware that Philips Norelco allows you to return it within 45 days if you aren't happy with it. I did not like it the first day but after 4 days my head and face have gotten use to it. I think this is a keeper.

Edited by silvercorvette

I've been using a Norelco for about 10 years. I'm not sure I could switch to anything else. A blade does shave closer, though.

Maybe one day I'll buy a double ended razor and start shaving like a man.

Edited by twodownzero