Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Ammo do you Run?

djeffers

I was wondering what ammo everyone uses at a match in the M2? I have always ran Remmington Gun Club and/or Target loads. 7.5 shot, 2.75 length, green hull, I think 1200 fps. I tried running #6 remmington black hulls at the 2010 FNH match and had a couple of hang-ups. The RO commented on that stage saying he had the same problem in his M2 with the #6's also.

So, anyone care to share what they like to run?

Thanks.

What about slugs? I often see people say that these are the biggest problems with an inertia-driven action.

I use B&P low recoil slugs. They worked fine before and after my "Benny Hill" ghost load, bolt lightening modification. One of those 3-gun M/GM guys turned me onto them and man are they soft shootin'...Thanks Jeff!

What about slugs? I often see people say that these are the biggest problems with an inertia-driven action.

Remington and Federal are what I've used, reduced recoil. both function fine, Federal shoot better.

+1 on the remington haven't tried the Federal.

Edited by djeffers

Winchester AA 1 1/8 oz #7.5's and Winchester WinLite 1 oz (reduced recoil) slugs. When I think I might need a little more horsepower for some far off stuff then its Winchester Super Sport 1 1/8oz #7.5's 1300fps. no probs to date.

neither of my winchesters, M2 super 90, or Saiga liked the bulk winchester super target because of the inconsistent crimps and soft bodies.

another fine performer for me has been Remington Premier STS. But remington reduced recoil slugs yielded poor accuracy in all of my guns.

Fiocchi 1oz reduced recoil slugs also ran and performed well, as has the spreader rounds, in all of my platforms.

I've used Federal slugs and for me the accuracy was that of the WinLite slugs, but I thought they felt like more recoil. i've not tried federal shot.

everything from the beginning up till about a year ago was thru IC choke, since then I've run a LM.

Winchester AA 1 1/8 oz #7.5's and Winchester WinLite 1 oz (reduced recoil) slugs. When I think I might need a little more horsepower for some far off stuff then its Winchester Super Sport 1 1/8oz #7.5's 1300fps. no probs to date.

neither of my winchesters, M2 super 90, or Saiga liked the bulk winchester super target because of the inconsistent crimps and soft bodies.

another fine performer for me has been Remington Premier STS. But remington reduced recoil slugs yielded poor accuracy in all of my guns.

Fiocchi 1oz reduced recoil slugs also ran and performed well, as has the spreader rounds, in all of my platforms.

I've used Federal slugs and for me the accuracy was that of the WinLite slugs, but I thought they felt like more recoil. i've not tried federal shot.

everything from the beginning up till about a year ago was thru IC choke, since then I've run a LM.

I have had poor accuracy with the reduced Remington slugs also, I am just going to have to suffer through the two cases I still have! But at least all of the input I have gotten here will help me narrow the list when trying some new ammo out!

bring the Rem slugs with you to a match and sell them to another shooter. I know several in my little circle who like them, despite my own misfortune with them.

Thats a good idea! Looks like the only match I am going to be able to make this year is the KY Pro-Am.....I just might take them with me!