Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which pistolsmiths are the best at email?

MoNsTeR

i realize that email is an great tool, but i still like to place a call, that being said, i do know of a former local smith that had a niche for one particular gun, and if you called him about the status of yours, yours would go to the bottom of the pile...lucky for him, he was never out of work, despite that business tactic not being the greatest...

The best client is the one that just sends the gun in with a work order and no phone calls or e-mails. This client will go to the front of the list, the one who calls and e-mails excessively keeps getting put further back on the list. ;)

Rich

Yer serious? That business model seems doomed.

Thats dissapointing. I cant see just sending my guns off to someone Ive never talked to by phone or email. I can understand not liking 4 or 5 emails everyday, but none at all..... With that said, every question I have asked Rich in the past has been answered VERY promtly!

Oh yea, Bobby has sent me replies on my stuff within minutes, often late at night and on weekends. I dont think he sleeps at all...

Hi, my name is Matt and I am addicted to the internet.

So I usually check my e-mail every 5 minutes. :ph34r:

It's true. Matt just built me a new gun and I have never spoken to him on the phone...email and PM's only.

+1 I've had one gun built by Matt and a second one in progress. I've only communicated via email and PMs also. And promptly responded to my hundreds of emails.

Edited by BNorth

The best client is the one that just sends the gun in with a work order and no phone calls or e-mails. This client will go to the front of the list, the one who calls and e-mails excessively keeps getting put further back on the list. ;)

Rich

Thats dissapointing. I cant see just sending my guns off to someone Ive never talked to by phone or email. I can understand not liking 4 or 5 emails everyday, but none at all..... With that said, every question I have asked Rich in the past has been answered VERY promtly!

Oh yea, Bobby has sent me replies on my stuff within minutes, often late at night and on weekends. I dont think he sleeps at all...

It's a joke, I guess I used the wrong smiley face. All work is done first come first served. I don't live on the internet, I live in my shop.

Rich

Rich

It's a joke, I guess I used the wrong smiley face. All work is done first come first served. I don't live on the internet, I live in my shop.

Rich

Gotcha :cheers:

Classic case in econ.

Look up division of labor.

You can be the worlds best secretary. You could also be the worlds best doctor...

While you are doing one, you can't really do the other

This is exactly why email is better than the phone: it's asynchronous. I can send you an email when it's convenient for me, and you can reply when it's convenient for you.

(BTW I have a degree in Economics, I'm very familiar with specialization and the division of labor ;):cheers:)