Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

proper use of cover

scandog

OK then...so you can only expose yourself after you have put two* on a target...not just "engaged" it, correct?

you don't even have to hit the target with the required rounds, you just have to shoot at the target with the required number of rounds....

The problem with this is that depending on who is SOing you, you might get a Procedural, because the SO isn't up to snuff on the rules...

Like Burkett say's in his video ask the SO how he want's you to run the stage and just shoot it quicker and more accurately than the rest of the guys...

Bob

We don't see much variation locally. You usually have to be standing out in the open to get a procedural around here. :D

We both use too much cover for proper gaming. :lol:

I have seen cover called pretty tight (but good calls) at the Nationals and a few state matches. I don't see the top dogs getting cover calls very much. I do see lesser skilled shooters trying to game it by doing many things, including crowd cover, that don't really help them as much as just learning how to shoot smooth. B)

Bill Nesbitt

50%,100% its all subjective to who is doing the SO'ing. I have had an individual chastise me via email for not using cover and in a later match he started hands on a door, at the tone he didnt move to cover at any point but flung open the door and engaged targets while standing in the doorway, no procedurals were assesed. <_< Im sure most people dont realize how much they use cover unless they review it on tape. Its not for $$ so I dont sweat it.

Sometimes the SO will have to make the decision, & the MD will have to back him up, and the shooter will have to live with the decision.

Unless of course the shooter is right and the SO wrong. Right?

SOs............ Wrong

:huh::wacko::rolleyes:

I dont know the answer to that, arent SOs perfect?