Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

About to spring for a M2...

Jin

Found out my wife is planning to buy me a semi auto shotgun for my 35th birthday!

I initially thought I wanted a non-pistol grip 18.5 inch M2 Tactical. but after talking with a helpful fellow I shoot 3 gun with, he reccomended the 21 inch field. and a quick search yeilded the same results on this board.

From my search I gather the 21 inch Field is more desired than 18.5, because of the ribbed/vented barrel, and the fact that a +5 shell extension tube ends up flush. Are there any other benifits that I am missing? part of me still likes the idea of 18.5 inches with rifle sights; because that's what i am running with right now (870P).

I don't remember how, but i stumbled on this youtube video "What Shotgun is Best for 3 Gun???" by jtischauser. Am i the last person to see it? Thought it was freaking hillarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYG0dy4riLI

Oh, my hell - that's the funniest thing I've seen in recent memory. For me, that was life sustaining. Thanks for posting (and thanks, jtischauser!).

• 1 month later...

update:

I was originally quoted 6-8 weeks on delivery of the 21 inch m2 field. I'm on week 8, so i gave the shop a call. I got a new ETA of 90 days <_<

going to give them another month to come through, then i think i'll take my $ elsewhere. then if i can't find anyone that has it in stock, i think i'll look into the FN SLP Mark1...or give Benny a call to get a custom 930.

Edited by Jin

I got a smoking deal on a Benelli from a gunshop in Hobbs NM. Can not remember their name now but there are probably not too many. They had a ton in stock and received it the next day.

Actually I found them on Gunbroker or something like it. Called them and worked out a deal over the phone. Saved them some money and me too.

• 2 weeks later...

Found out my wife is planning to buy me a semi auto shotgun for my 35th birthday!

I initially thought I wanted a non-pistol grip 18.5 inch M2 Tactical. but after talking with a helpful fellow I shoot 3 gun with, he reccomended the 21 inch field. and a quick search yeilded the same results on this board.

From my search I gather the 21 inch Field is more desired than 18.5, because of the ribbed/vented barrel, and the fact that a +5 shell extension tube ends up flush. Are there any other benifits that I am missing? part of me still likes the idea of 18.5 inches with rifle sights; because that's what i am running with right now (870P).

I don't remember how, but i stumbled on this youtube video "What Shotgun is Best for 3 Gun???" by jtischauser. Am i the last person to see it? Thought it was freaking hillarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYG0dy4riLI

You and me, we're having pretty much the same issue I can tell. The 21" model is looking real fine, a bit concerned about the sights though but I found this online:

erHUW.jpg

I like this solution here, could anyone tell me what the rear sight is? I assume it flips down out of the way. I understand 10/22 sights are popular but I cannot tell if that's what this is.

Edited by Rynnäkökivääri 62

BTW I might also be able to get a Benelli M1 Super 90, the one with the basic open sights, would that be worth getting? It'd be half the price of an M2. Open rifle sights are not as fast as a bead but I can be p.good with them. Possibly one could mod the rear sight so it flips down, put a fiber on the front?

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

I like this solution here, could anyone tell me what the rear sight is? I assume it flips down out of the way. I understand 10/22 sights are popular but I cannot tell if that's what this is.

Yeah, pretty sure that's a 10/22 sight. I have seen a lot of people use them, but personally I'm just sticking with my FO front and silver bead halfway down the rib. Much less to worry about when tossing the gun in a dump barrel and nothing in the way on close targets.

Sorry about that, the sight should be out of the way when it folds down, especially if you mount it on the barrel as opposed to some I've seen on the rib. You might notice the elevation screws, but nothing too distracting.

• 2 weeks later...

cool...just got the call that my 21 inch M2 field came in. took almost 3 months.

time to order some goodies.

sorry...newbie qeustion, it's the +5 extension tube from nordic components that sits flush with the end of the barrel?

Edited by Jin

Just got a call for one here as well must be some in the pipeline, I shoot an FN with 24", but this one is for my wife (120 lbs), she found the FN a bit heavy.

The +5 is almost flush with the barrel,

Now the hard question should I sent it out for her to be worked on? to whom and why?

Just got a call for one here as well must be some in the pipeline, I shoot an FN with 24", but this one is for my wife (120 lbs), she found the FN a bit heavy.

The +5 is almost flush with the barrel,

Now the hard question should I sent it out for her to be worked on? to whom and why?

nice man! thx for confirming the +5

Most you can do yourself. Most important in my opinion is to get the lifter welded up by C-rums. Add a tube and maybe an oversized bolt release. Then shoot it and decide what you need from there.

Most you can do yourself. Most important in my opinion is to get the lifter welded up by C-rums. Add a tube and maybe an oversized bolt release. Then shoot it and decide what you need from there.

Sounds like a plan.......

I also found a gun. Hopefully I will have in 2-3 weeks time. I did not find an M2 though but an M1S90, 21" VR barrel.

Pictures from the dealer:

yYtoM.jpg

vN3Lv.jpg

oyqzv.jpg

O5tdI.jpg

That my friend is the Holy Grail of 3 Gun shotgun. Looks like a 7+ 1 configuration with original Benelli extension tube. If you can get an 8+1 tube you will have the standard and tactical shotgun set-up. You don't need to put any sights on it-lots of shooters use it just as pictured. Aesthetically unpleasing to mill the ribs and stick sights on that are not needed. Half the price of M2? Excellent bargain. There is no real difference in the guns. Super buy.