Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for 34 with light?

9milli

Apparently I can't put links in posts yet cause I'm too new, so, I will direct you to Raven Concealment. www . ravenconcealmentsystems . com (or just google search). On the site you'll find their Phantom Light Compatible holsters, and there's one for the Glock 34/35. You can also make it IWB if you wish.

I'm a Safariland ALS fan. They offer the ALS system for a G17 w/light in the model 6378-832-xxx, which includes user-selectable belt loop and paddle attachment options. The model 6379-832-xxx is the same holster body, but with a belt clip. These models secure the pistol with or without the light attached. (The "xxx" will be replaced with the finish and draw hand for the holster)

I've heard good things about the RCS holster mentioned above, but the early model had a reputation for breaking mounting clips.

Sidearmor also makes nice kydex holsters and offers models for pistols with a light attached.

Good luck!

-Randy

I now am running gear from my friends at Cane and Derby Holsters. They should have a light bearing set up coming out soon. Email them for details (http://www.caneandderby.com/contacts/).

I have used light bearing holsters from Bladetech, Safariland (SLS and ALS models), and Raven Holsters. I don't care for the Bladetech as it is big and bulky and does not retain the gun very well. The Safariland Holsters are great and rugged for a duty belt or battle belt, but they are very big and chunky for concealed carry. I personally do not feel the need for a retention holster when carrying concealed either. The Raven Holster I started using in 2006 was the first Holster I was able to use for Concealed Carry IWB/OWB with a light. I have not had any mounting clips break for my standard belt loops, but have had IWB overhooks snap on me. That said, the Raven crew quickly sent me replacements at no charge.

The Raven holsters are good, but when worn OWB I find them to flop around a bit much for my tastes. Also, the footprint is pretty wide and covers up my front pockets. When not wearing cargo pants, I don't have enough pockets so I need access to my front pockets. CDIs clip designs hold the magazine/gun tighter to the body. I am impatiently waiting for them to apply that clip design, to a light bearing holster.

Edited by matt7184

Anyone have info on a holster for a 17/34 with a light attached for CCW/carry?

17 or 34, they are different lengths. You might mean 17/22 which are the same size. It's tough to find holsters for a 34 with a light. Also, do you want IWB or OWB?

If you want OWB Level 1, Sidearmor makes a decent product for a reasonable price.

No, I meant 17/34. I knew there would be slim pickins for a G34 light holster so I had hopes that maybe a G17 holster might possibly be available that I could use for the G34. IWB, OWB, looking at options.

Thanks for all the input.

Check out Kolbeson Leatherworks. He offers an OWB for a Glock 17, and I bet he could leave the muzzle open so that a G34 would fit as well. He can accomodate both a Surefire X200/X300 or Streamlight TLR-1. The OWB holsters can be had with either a Tek-Lok, or integral belt loops. The integral belt loops really keep the holster tight to the body for CCW work.

http://www.shopleatherworks.com/Minimum-Tac-Light-OWB-with-Tek-Lok-MINTEKOWB-TL.htm