Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Saigas Coming with Last Round Bolt Hold Open

K-VAR apparently has some new IZH-109BHO Saiga-12s. They magazines have slightly different followers that lock the bolt back automatically on the last shot. Mods apparently can be made to make it work with other mags; maybe AGP or Surefire will make a new follower.

With a last round bolt hold open, the need for a mag well should be significantly reduced as the challenge has always been rocking the mag in compressing the top shell against the closed bolt.

I'm going to have to buy another one of these now. Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in!!!!

Russell, how easily you are seduced by the dark side. You have had latent open leaning tendencies this whole time, no matter how you try and suppress them. I see techwear in your future, no more dry earth or trooper tees for you! Embrace your open side. Ditch the pack and get a stroller.

:D

K-VAR apparently has some new IZH-109BHO Saiga-12s. They magazines have slightly different followers that lock the bolt back automatically on the last shot. Mods apparently can be made to make it work with other mags; maybe AGP or Surefire will make a new follower.

With a last round bolt hold open, the need for a mag well should be significantly reduced as the challenge has always been rocking the mag in compressing the top shell against the closed bolt.

I'm going to have to buy another one of these now. Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in!!!!

Intresting, hopefully the lastest trend of $800+ saiga's don't continue when these come out.

Russell, how easily you are seduced by the dark side. You have had latent open leaning tendencies this whole time, no matter how you try and suppress them. I see techwear in your future, no more dry earth or trooper tees for you! Embrace your open side. Ditch the pack and get a stroller.

:D

LOL...Since I helped create it, I'm obligated to shoot trooper at any match I go to that has it until I am too old and messed up to do so. But by then, I'll have a weaponized variant of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_5 and be competing in Starship Trooper division.

Intresting, hopefully the lastest trend of $800+ saiga's don't continue when these come out.

They're selling for $630 with a sporter stock as of now. I'd snatch one up if I could afford it.

Edited by SinistralRifleman

I have my bolts done on mine and will load a full mag easily on a closed bolt. Especially with the magwell.

They were $569 plus tax locally last week. I say "were" since they sold out the first 3 days of last week and these were the ones where the bolt holds open on the last shot.

Id really like to put my hands on one of these and find out if this is going to be a major upgrade or if the Cadiz is the better way to go. BUT I honestly dont make a huge deal over it. With a magwell and moded bolt reloading on a closed bolt is a non issue. However it still would be a nice addition.

I have the Russian magwell and you can load without a mod on the bolt.....but I am setting up another for rock and lock (closed bolt) so I can use the drum and the double stack MD mags if they ever come out. Curious which will be better for 3 gun with everything considered. Running the gun dry is bad....so this feature might be nice to have.....but I hope I would never need it.