Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Digital Scales

jln

I used to have a D-Terminator scale from Dillon but got out of reloading for a few years, Now I'm back and I see Brian recommends his scale over the D-Terminator. why? I know it's a bit cheaper but is it as accurate, does it stabilize as qauickly?

Also, I'm going to go a bit off topic here. I am also going to start shotshell reloading. It's a tossup between the Hornady 366 and the MEC 900 GN, Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance to all.

I would trust Brian! :cheers:

Use the search function and type in "digital scale" or perhaps "powder scale". :cheers:

I own a 366. Unless they have changed them? It will drop shot and powder even when there is not a hull present. I use two Dillon SL 900's now and they are leap years ahead of the 366.

I don't have any experience on the 9000.

Good luck, your research will pay off.

I used to have a D-Terminator scale from Dillon but got out of reloading for a few years, Now I'm back and I see Brian recommends his scale over the D-Terminator. why? I know it's a bit cheaper but is it as accurate, does it stabilize as qauickly?

It does stabilize very quickly. But, I'm about to run out of stock on them -and my supplier cannot provide me with an accurate return to stock date (4 left in stock at this moment). Sadness. But I am looking into stocking a higher priced scale that features german made load sensors. I should be able to price a little below Dillon's scale, and it will have a 30 year warranty.

Yep, there you have it from the man himself!

Still not sure where you're seeing that he recommends his scale over the D-Terminator. Keep in mind the D-Terminator comes with an AC adapter a feature that will be nice on Brian's new scales. The warranty of Brian's scale is hard to beat as well.....you won't see much electronic equipment with a 20year warranty. ;)

I personally have the Terminator scale and have had ZERO problems with it. It reads quickly and does well with powder trickling. I have seen other scales have trouble with this...it seems some do not sense the extra few granules of powder very well.

Whatever you end up getting, don't just look at warranty, make sure you can flat-out return stuff after you buy it if you have problems, not just be required to send it off for service.

Edited by Erik S.

It does stabilize very quickly. But, I'm about to run out of stock on them -and my supplier cannot provide me with an accurate return to stock date (4 left in stock at this moment). Sadness. But I am looking into stocking a higher priced scale that features german made load sensors. I should be able to price a little below Dillon's scale, and it will have a 30 year warranty.

Change that to be a LIFETIME warranty. And it will come with a power adapter for AC power. I will have them in my store in a day or two.

be

Change that to be a LIFETIME warranty. And it will come with a power adapter for AC power. I will have them in my store in a day or two.

be

Holy buckets! Well, there ya have it!

be

Nice! Looking forward checking it out!!

Looks like the scale has been covered as has the 366 so I'll comment on the 9000g. It will only drop powder and shot if a hull is present which is a huge plus to me. The primer feed is so so to good as long as you keep it lubed and the resizing collet works great but is prone to sticking if it digests a piece of shot.

I load around 15k a year give or take depending on whether I'm shooting more trap and clays it pistols that year and I love my MEC.

Edited by slodsm

Ok Guy's, I am going to tell you right up front. Before I retired I worked with alot of precision scales, and I am here to tell you this scale should be outstanding. Being able to level the scale is a big plus. I have a Dillion scale, not very old. If it wasn't for that I would get one. After I pay my taxes may get one anyway. Good research Brian, great price.