Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex Viper 2-7x

Pro2AInPA

Some of the Vortex /the low end scopes are made in china , not a big deal - but - Vortex does make Low end scopes too. When I asked Scott about some of the 'low prices' i found on Ebay he screwed up his face. and said something about some of the low priced scopes being phased out /up graded< > have to admit I stop-ed hearing any thing about the Low priced scopes when he made the face.

To be Accurate "I don't really know anything about them" I do remember him saying that some of them were good buys for Cheep Scopes.

<_< Maybe I should not have said any thing :mellow:

I have a Viper 2-7X that I got on clearnace. It doesn't look like mine has the same specs as the one listed on SWFA.

Mine doesn't have an adjustable objective and it doesn't look like it matches the FOV that's listed in the SWFA ad.

I also have a Burris 2-7X. Compared to the Burris the Vortex has better glass, better turrets, etc. The only thing that's noticeably better on the Burris is the FOV.

If the SWFA listing is correct this version of the Vortex has better FOV than the Burris.

Thanks guys. Trying to save a few bucks, but I'm beginning to think optics isn't the place to do that.

I'm looking at three scopes to throw on top of my open rifle:

1. Used TA11 ACOG w/LaRue mount for $700

2. Vortex PST 1-4x

3. This Vortex 2-7x

This is the exact scope I've used all year for 3gun. I bought a back up one in September and recently put it on my M1A for a DMR style match. I've had zero issues with it. Glass is good and it holds zero (it takes a beating well). The BDC reticle is thin enough to not completely obscure a 10" target out to about 650yds.

The product description on SWFA is messed up. Possibly they have inadvertantly listed some of the new or upgraded features with the discontinued scope. Although Vortex has not updated anything on their website about this scope being discontinued or upgraded. The PST is an excellent scope as well but still not readily available in the marketplace. In another 2-3 months that issue should be corrected.

For the money I think it is a fantastic scope for the 3gun game. I've also used it out to 650yds on 10" steel gongs without any issues. Some guys like to spend as much as or more than their rifles value in optics, I'm not one of them. YMMV

Some of the Vortex /the low end scopes are made in china , not a big deal - but - Vortex does make Low end scopes too. When I asked Scott about some of the 'low prices' i found on Ebay he screwed up his face. and said something about some of the low priced scopes being phased out /up graded< > have to admit I stop-ed hearing any thing about the Low priced scopes when he made the face.

To be Accurate "I don't really know anything about them" I do remember him saying that some of them were good buys for Cheep Scopes.

<_< Maybe I should not have said any thing :mellow:

The Crossfire series is made in China and that is reflected in the price point. Viper and PST series are Japanese glass and assembled in Phillipines IIRC. Razor is Japenese glass and also assembled in Japan. I'm not sure what the details on the Diamondback series are. One other point to mention is that Vortex has OUTSTANDING customer service and a lifetime transferrable product warranty. Great people to deal with if you have any issue because they stand behind their products. :cheers:

the back page in the user-book that came with the scope . Service and Repair policy

Its says 'Vortex wants you to to shoot and use your Razor HD Rifle-scope under any conditions with complete Confidence--that's way our warranty is straightforward and simple

Fully transferable - NO warranty card needed- No receipt needed.

it continues to give the address for free repair or service

I thought that was cool and I did not know it before I opend up the book.

• 1 year later...