Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A new Lurker

texarkana

Hi All,

My name is John Estes and I just moved to Richmond Texas from Texarkana, Texas. My wife and I moved here to be close to the gran-girls. And I want to get back in to USPSA. I was last in USPSA back in the late 80's when BE ruled the roost. His mind was really into the why & how of shooting and everybody had his book.

Back then I was shooting open(I still have my antiques 45 open gun) and I will be looking for another. For me, the preferred gun would be a STI 38 super gray Grandmaster tuned by Brazos Custom with a frame mounted STS type dot sitting on the Arredondo mount. Since I am a super senior, over weight, ugly, and can't see you I will need an open gun.. John

Welcome back, you may want to see what folks are running before making a major purchase. :cheers:

*snip* For me, the preferred gun would be a STI 38 super gray Grandmaster tuned by Brazos Custom with a frame mounted STS type dot sitting on the Arredondo mount. Since I am a super senior, over weight, ugly, and can't see you I will need an open gun.. John

Sounds like a pretty solid setup!! Welcome back!

Since I am a super senior, over weight, ugly, and can't see you I will need an open gun.. John

Welcome to the forum John! You'll fit right in here in Houston...

Have you visited www.texassouthsection.com for regional info and matches?

We shoot 2-4 USPSA matches per week, so you'll find plenty opportunity to put your Open guns to work.

Feel free to PM me if you need any info on local matches.

Roman