Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USMA CWT Houghton Memorial 2-Gun Challenge, 4/22-23

Just wondering , since we are inside a week of the match, what time do we need to report at Range 5 on Friday morning?

Also, since I'm doing the night shoot, what time does that start?

How much time will there be between the end of the match and the start of the night shoot? Just trying to plan out what I'll need for the entire day

Thanks.....Paul

Just wondering , since we are inside a week of the match, what time do we need to report at Range 5 on Friday morning?

Also, since I'm doing the night shoot, what time does that start?

How much time will there be between the end of the match and the start of the night shoot? Just trying to plan out what I'll need for the entire day

Thanks.....Paul

Hey Paul,

You should've received an update email yesterday. The timeline details didn't make it onto our team website until yesterday because our PAO Cadet was on a school trip to DC all last week and he is the only one authorized to send updates to the USMA webmaster coupled with last minute schedule-wrangling on my end.

So basically, here's how it goes:

0700 Registration Opens Range 4/5

0800 Shooters Brief

0830 First Round Downrange

1630 Last Round Downrange (expected)

1845-1900 NVG Shoot Registration Range 11

So, who's ready to shoot some steel at night?

:cheers:

2011-04-18_17-57-23_181.jpg

Shot the match yesterday, awesome job do by all involved. Lesson learned for this match, pack light!

Shot limited, could not hit 1 MGM Flash at 300(20 second penalty, ouch!) or either 375 bonus flash targets. My excuses: last sage I was tired, the sun was in my eyes, the wind was gusting, really it was! I was using a 200 yd zero and holding over, bad plan, but I was unsure of my 300 yd zero.

I shot with some good guys from Long Island; I didn’t know they could own any guns there. I think they are shooting in some rain and mud today, best of luck.

Loading some video to youtube, taking forever.

Seeing these cadets in action gives me faith in our future.

Thanks and hope to see you all again next year. If you haven't already, please send us an email at cwtmatch@gmail.com and tell us what you liked and what we can improve on for next year, as well as your favorite and least favorite stage.

Also, and personal request- please contact all of your respective prize sponsors- we gave away 5 guns this weekend along with a multitude of other prizes.

Scores will post on our team website on Monday: http://www.combatweaponsteam.com

Thanks again and see you next year!

Now how about some pics?

You guys missed out shooting friday. We had a real authentic rice paddy stage today. If you dropped your mags you never got them back. :D

9mmMajor.jpg

Edited by cas

What a blast! Shot the match on Friday, and had a great time. A bit cold but at least it was not raining like Saturday. Every stage was fun and challenging and the match ran smoothly. The cadets all did a great job and were a pleasure to speak with and all of us involved appreciate their devotion and sacrifice.

I will be back next year and the following years to come and lend my support the the Combat Weapons Team.

Thanks to all....Teemch5

I have to send out a BIG Thank You to all the shooters that joined us in the memory of CPT Andrew Houghton and for your support of the Combat Weapons Team.

These next few shoots were taken looking down Range 5 near the registration area. As you can see Saturday morning had a HUGE impact on the visibly down range.

Below is a picture of Stage 3 "Triple Nickel" which had three sets of 5 LaRue targets. They were place out at 100, 150, and 200 yards. You can just about make out the bank at 100 yards

0423010853a.jpg

This second picture shows both stage 3 and 4. Here you can just barely make out the 150y bank of LaRue targets.

And Stage 4 "Clean Sweep" had flashers set at 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, and a bonus set at 375 yards. The fog/clouds would only allow us to just make out the flasher at 150y after that :surprise: good luck.

0423010853.jpg

And this is just a view of Stage 4.

0423010853b.jpg

In some ways the rain and mud made it more fun.... at least for the latter part of the day. The first two stages I was seriously wondering if I would make the whole day. Only a few minutes into stage one and I was already soaked through and real cold, wondering how well I'd shoot with hypothermia. :blink:

Once it warmed up a little bit, and the steady rain turned into light rain it became fun. Knowing that actually being competitive was off the table allowed you to loosen up. Shot the rifle really sloppy, taking lots of extra shots. You could be real careful where / if you dropped your mags, and be determined to hit the bonus targets, even if it took you longer than the time you saved from the bonus! (assuming you could see them) :D I the biggest problem I had was not being able to see through my glasses. :huh:

Many thanks to everyone who made this happen. Despite the conditions I didn't hear a bad word or (non humorous) complaint from any of the match staff. A great bunch of men and woman.

Anyone have any idea what the asterisks next to some of the names means?

The scores are out!!

Sorry, that was an internal accounting thing and wasn't meant to come out in the final scores. I'll just put it this way- the folks with the astericks are generous individuals. The cadets who were RO'ing were not briefed on the astericks so no one noticed until you did :D

Just wondering, saw a cadet with a video camera shooting footage on Friday,are you guys putting together a video of the match? If so, when and where can it be found for viewing?

Teemch5

Just wondering, saw a cadet with a video camera shooting footage on Friday,are you guys putting together a video of the match? If so, when and where can it be found for viewing?

Teemch5

YES.

Stay tuned for more info. It may take a little while, but we have someone working on it next week.