Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TecLoader for 1100. Easier than it looks!

I installed the Easyloader a couple of days back. Tuned it and found that it helped but I am not confident using the Tecloaders. I think I need to relieve the entry area around the mag tube, that and a LOT MORE practice. The first shell goes in now but the following still hangs up most of the time.

I have several RUINED 1100 recievers here from people that had the same idea..I strongy advise against it.

Jim

Hmmmm...any other solution? Is it all technique and my execution is the problem?

As for the ruined receivers, did they relieve too much? So a slight bevel would be a bad choice?

you know you've went too far when you load the mag tube full, pull back the bolt and have 10 shells fly out of the bottom of the receiver. ask me how i know.

If a little is good...a little more is better? :rolleyes:

The spot you want to go after with the dremil...just happens to be critical in controling the rim on the shells.

There is pretty much NO material that you can radius or remove and if you buffed it up as far as one could go...no apparent gains.

Its best no to go there

Go shoot with some folks that use the loaders...nothing like a little one on one help :cheers:

Jim

I installed the Easyloader a couple of days back. Tuned it and found that it helped but I am not confident using the Tecloaders. I think I need to relieve the entry area around the mag tube, that and a LOT MORE practice. The first shell goes in now but the following still hangs up most of the time.

What brand ammo are you using. If it is the value pack Winchester that may be your problem. I prefer Federal. The crimp is better. If the ammo you are using flares out even a little bit around the crimp it wont feed into the gun from your loaders.

I guess I will put away the Dremel...and spend the time practicing the loading instead.

As for the shells, I am using my reloads. Win AA and considered trying store bought but so far haven't bought any yet. Those AA hulls seem to be more "gummy" than some of the other hulls so might be something there.

And yes, I had the Arredondo assist with the enhancement. The enhancement is an additional piece attached below to hold the Tecloader even more securely to the assist. The whole thing really forces you to use the proper angle when inserting the speed loader. I took it off for this match since gonna use belt carrier and load one by one...

The chute is made from 2" PVC. The trigger guard needs to be drilled and tapped to attach the chute. The brace is just 1/2" wide alum. strip drilled and tapped and screwed to the stock. I used 10/32 flat head allen screws to attach it to the trigger guard and brace.

kamakazi1A, no iron sights, I think you're seeing the over-sized bolt handle or the 3-gun gear 2 shell holder in front of the ejection port.

Jake Kempton did this first and was really helpful when I asked about it. He didn't care that I coppied it.

I looked around and I found it in the back of my parts drawer. It got painted black becasue I got some ribbing (outerlimits) comparing it to a rain gutter when it was white. The photos of it on the gun were taken just after I made it.

post-2055-011838400 1298404492_thumb.jpg

post-2055-027356600 1298405177_thumb.jpg

post-2055-017731300 1298405186_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

I just got an 1100 set up for open. I'm having tecloader issues too, but different from yours. A lot of the time the first shell doesn't go into the magazine tube far enough. As a result, it doesn't move forward with pressure from the remaining rounds, therefore not allowing any more rounds to be loaded until I chamber that round.

On my 1100 I have to rack a round into the chamber if I run dry to get the rounds to load into the magazine, could that be what's going on with yours?