Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

photo posting lessons for Old guys

OK I will spend some time to tack out ballistic tables for a 55 gr bullet with a coefficient of 2.4 at 2,950 fps and compare it to the 55 gr bullet with a Coefficient of 2.25 at 3,050 fps

Just to see what the change is at 400 to 425 yards BUT trying to post a photo in to the forum seams to be beyond my comprehension level.

I can handle the browse function in my email to find a photo. and I can get photos posted to Utube and photo bucket facebook.

But trying to put on here makes my eyes hurt.

I need a tutor

-click to reply to a thread.

-in the box where you type, look directly above the typing area. you will see a smiley face

-2 buttons to the right looks like a tiny tree or something. click that.

-(you will need to go to the page containing what you want to post here and copy the URL if you havent yet) paste the URL from the youtube or photobucket video/picture

-click on the little "insert" button after you paste the link.

-submit your post

:cheers:

-click to reply to a thread.

-in the box where you type, look directly above the typing area. you will see a smiley face

-2 buttons to the right looks like a tiny tree or something. click that.

-(you will need to go to the page containing what you want to post here and copy the URL if you havent yet) paste the URL from the youtube or photobucket video/picture

-click on the little "insert" button after you paste the link.

-submit your post

Good heavens, why do all that when it's basically a 3 step process.

Jamie, you already said you're familiar with Photobucket, you're just not sure how to post the links here right? OK, then. Here goes:

Step 1: On Photobucket, when you hover your mouse over one of your pics, you will see a pop-up window. This window gives you 4 different links. Email & IM / Direct Link / HTML Code / and IMG Code. The last one is the one you want. So hover your mouse over a pic, then left click the IMG Code box, and it should change the text in that box to say "copied".

post-4139-087208300 1295387595_thumb.jpg

Step 2: Back here on good old Enos click to reply to a thread as you normally would.

post-4139-085202600 1295387604_thumb.jpg

Step 3: Finally decide where you would like to insert the pic from Photobucket, set your mouse / cursor there, and right click, then select paste, and Badabing Badaboom ...... you're done! :)

post-4139-070405200 1295387612_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chris Keen

You no longer have to use photobucket and paste a link to add a photo to your post.

The Attachments area at the bottom of the posting window works with photos on your computer now. At least it works with JPEG photos. Click on Browse. Select the photo you want to attach from your computer. Click on Attach This File. Then click on Add to Post.

Edited by Steve J

You no longer have to use photobucket and paste a link to add a photo to your post.

The Attachments area at the bottom of the posting window works with photos on your computer now. At least it works with JPEG photos. Click on Browse. Select the photo you want to attach from your computer. Click on Attach This File. Then click on Add to Post.

Ok ;ets see if I can follow directions, four trys and the loading bar comes up , but thin is says !Error 'No file was selected for upload'

Edited by AlamoShooter

Ok ;ets see if I can follow directions, four trys and the loading bar comes up , but thin is says !Error 'No file was selected for upload'

I guess I assumed a couple of steps. After you click "Browse" a window should open that says "Choose file to upload". Then you select a picture and click "open" Then comes "Attach This File" and "Add to post".

There's a chance some of that may be based on using Internet Explorer and Windows on a PC.

I guess I assumed a couple of steps. After you click "Browse" a window should open that says "Choose file to upload". Then you select a picture and click "open" Then comes "Attach This File" and "Add to post".

There's a chance some of that may be based on using Internet Explorer and Windows on a PC.

No my page is diffrent , and it is the Explorer and windows =last years edition. when I hit Browse - it jumps rite to my computer (no Choose File to upload) so I just I lead it in to my phots and I do the Open = the long address to the photo appers in the window to the left of the Browse button.

Hit Attach this File - it dings around and finaly pops up the Error

Try right click on the photo - select properties - and then just copy the link address and paste to the Insert Image icon here....

OK ( october colorado2010 056) = that was the photo # it looked like it would work

No still will not work

I will just have to load it to Photo bucket first - no big deal

photo bucket works

octobercolorado2010056.jpg

Edited by AlamoShooter

octobercolorado2010056.jpg

Congrats Jamie!

That looks tasty. I usually stick to squirrel and rabbit while camping though. Must be a Texas thang?!

:cheers:

The Photo is supposed to -Terrify you-! Thats the same kind of Monarch Butterfly that was used in the poster for Silence of the Lambs.

The Butterfly gave out at our steps