Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship

Yep, Phil had emailed that the decision had been made a few months ago. For those of us over here who got our first taste of the ProAm, that was a happy day! Can understand others wanting it back up their way though. I will be there again this year, can't miss it while it is over this way. I am guessing that there will be a lot more shooters this year after everyone heard about what they missed last year!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one know if the application is out yet? I looked on Phil's website and it said 12/1/11 but I didn't see it. I also looked at the other proam website and didn't see it. Just don't want to miss it.

I am sure Phil is busy with everything going on now. Just don't want to miss this again.

I know between the four of my friends that attended, we have over a dozen new recruits for the 2012 ProAm so far. I am really glad it is staying in Florida this year. The match is getting all sorts of attention from folks who have never heard of it over here.

According to an email from Phil, the ProAm will be 13-15 July 2012. I had emailed him after his initial email to everyone about the 3rd weekend since the 1st is a Sunday. Last year each day had the Limited match each morning and the Open match each afternoon. I shot the Open on Sat afternoon last year and the Limited on Sun morning. Did it that way since I was shooting a production gun in both and really shooting the Open for fun and experience.

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay in getting this out. As promised, the Pro-Am will be happening again in Frostproof, FL on July 13-15, 2012. We will be following the exact same format as the last 3 matches...unless we manage to have more than 540 entries...but I'm not expecting that.

I've changed the application availability date to 2/1/12. Here are some other changes you can expect:

- Lunch included. Unfortunately, this will likely result in a slight increase of the match fee...maybe $10-15. I know I vowed to never increase the match fee, so look at this as a $135 match fee and a $10-15 mandatory lunch fee!

- Match hotel. There were some issues with food service at the match hotel in 2011...or lack thereof. The food at the restaurant was outstanding, but only available on the weekend, which became problematic. Plus, there was no food available early in the morning for the AM shooters. They have promised me that they would make special arrangements for this weekend, so we will see. IF they cannot help with the AM crowd, I will ensure that the food caterer will be there with something.

- I'll be bringing back the old Pro-Am ritual of bringing back the two most popular stages from 2011 and using them again for 2012. I'll start a poll here and keep it open for a set amount of time.

Thanks to everyone for their support of this match. It has truly become something special!

Here is a link to the updated match info: 2012 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship

If you are interested in helping staff this match, please visit the above link for more info.

Take care,

Phil Strader