Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 9 mm Fat Free-What Holster do you use?

DMAC

I am going to make the move to a 2011 9 mm 6" Fat Free for this year.

I have a Bladetech DOH that works well for my Glock 34. What type of holsters do you use with your 2011 in "tac optics"

Thanks in advance for your experience and opinions.

Damien

I always used the Bladetech DOH also. Now switched to the Safariland ALS, can't remember the model number. Just as fast, but won't allow the weapon to fall out until the thumb latch is moved.

I didn't know Safariland made an ALS for the 2011 pistol. Could you please find the model number, I'm sure a lot of people - like me, would be interested in getting one.

DryNo - Sorry about that. Damien and I had a pm comversation about Fat Free 6" guns and I told him that I am now running an M&P Pro. I was talking about that gun when I mentioned the holster. You are correct, I don't think there is one for the 2011 style weapons.

Thanks for the reply.

If I get a Benny Hill 6" Fat Free 9 mm do I order the Blade Tech DOH SVI Infinity 6" Long dust cover or short dust cover or something else. These appeared to be the only 6" options for a 2011 frame.

Thanks again!

DryNo - Sorry about that. Damien and I had a pm comversation about Fat Free 6" guns and I told him that I am now running an M&P Pro. I was talking about that gun when I mentioned the holster. You are correct, I don't think there is one for the 2011 style weapons.

Thanks Brian. BTW, I could not find 38 Supercomp ANYWHERE after searching on-line for a while. Do you have a source for this ammo for your upcoming build?

Thanks for the reply.

If I get a Benny Hill 6" Fat Free 9 mm do I order the Blade Tech DOH SVI Infinity 6" Long dust cover or short dust cover or something else. These appeared to be the only 6" options for a 2011 frame.

Thanks again!

Not sure. I just ordered the 6" STI Bladetech DOH from Shooters Connection. Fits my Cheely 6" great. Either would probably work fine. The dust cover portion doesn't matter much. I run an short dust cover Eagle in my long dust cover Edge DOH all the time with no problems.

The holster is for a 6in sti eagle, it kind of confusing but if you use the blade tech selection chart there is a selection for a 6in barrel length under the eagle.Benny just opened up the botton on his 5in DOH and has been useing it for years.-------Larry

• 3 weeks later...

I use my CR Speed WSM for everything. Had to notch it (go Dremel!) a bit to clear the frame on my 6" STI and getting the spacers right to fit my trigger guard. As long as I remember to lock it, you could probably pick me up off the ground by grabbing the butt of my pistol and it wouldn't let loose. That said, I have worried about dirt getting into my pistol in some of the crawling, lie-on-the-ground, stages. Made it through the sand crawl at Benning with no issues so maybe I worry too much. Wrapped a towel around it on one stage somewhere. Pretty finish got scratched and worn early on so what the heck.