Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Three gun shotgun needs

mercer

OK guys. Need help making a decision on shotgun purchase for future 3 gun interest. I want to start out with moderate investment. Is there a six hundred dollar or less STOCK shotgun setup out there?

OK guys. Need help making a decision on shotgun purchase for future 3 gun interest. I want to start out with moderate investment. Is there a six hundred dollar or less STOCK shotgun setup out there?

You might be able to find a gently used Winchester SX2 practical or an FN SLP for ~$600.

I got a mossberg 930 with 28in ported bbl and 18in bbl for 375$. Cut 28inch bbl off below ports at 22inches for $100.

Add Nordic tube and clamp and go. Probably all done under 600. I could possibly sell the 18 inch bbl also.

I realize its not stock, but... an option.

I got a mossberg 930 with 28in ported bbl and 18in bbl for 375$. Cut 28inch bbl off below ports at 22inches for $100.

Add Nordic tube and clamp and go. Probably all done under 600. I could possibly sell the 18 inch bbl also.

I realize its not stock, but... an option.

Where did you find a deal like that? Sounds like a good option to me. I'm looking at 930s myself to replace my pump gun.

I posted a WTB ad on a local gun classified site, I guess I got lucky for now.

We'll see how it goes. I'll get the bbl back next week, and get some dummy shells loaded up and Practice, Practice, Practice. Hope the snow melts soon.

I have been lurking around watching/reading the various discussions around the Mossberg 930. Quick question for all the collective knowledge here...I have a Mossberg 935 that I would like to re-purpose from "hunting" to 3-gun competition. It is the "black" version with a 26" barrel. Question is, will any of the various available upgrade parts (tube extension, handle, etc.) work/fit on the 935 model?

I have recently purchased 2 of the 1100 TAC4's, one for my son and one for me. Out of the box his will eat any thing you feed it from the cheapest target load to high brass turkey loads. Mine is a little more picky, as of now will not always cycle 1 oz loads but will run anything 1 1/8 oz and up fine. I am adding the Dave's Metal Works easy loader, loading is the only problem I have experienced in my limited time with it. I am partial to the 1100 have several since the early 70's, but there are soooo many of them on the market you will run across a lemon every once in a while but most of the time you will be pleased with it for the money.

Edited by basscat